Need Help With MySQL Query
Hi all,

I am an absolute novice with mysql and am having a hard time modifying the below query. I am hoping there might be a SQL ninja on here that can help me out.

I have the below SQL which is 99% working for my needs, this helps me find duplicates in Kodi but there are a large number of false-positives that I want the select statement to ignore.

sql:
.header on
.mode csv
.output //MyServer/MyShare/Misc/Scripts/DuplicateMovies/KODI/SQL_DUPES_KODI_EPISODES_RESULTS.csv
select
            tvshow.c00 show,
            episode.c12 s,
            episode.c13 e,
            episode.c00 title,
            count(*) num,
            group_concat(path.strPath || files.strFilename) locations
from files
join episode on episode.idFile = files.idFile
join path on files.idPath = path.idPath
join tvshow on episode.idShow = tvshow.idShow
group by episode.idShow, s, e having num > 1;

The problem I am facing - I would like to include something like this in the first select statement so that filenames with '%CD1' will be ignored:

WHERE strfilename NOT LIKE '%CD1%' and strfilename NOT LIKE '%CD2%'

I feel like I am missing something obvious, I keep getting syntax errors.

Appreciate any insights,
TJ
double edit. I got this working, full SQL below:

sql:
.header on
.mode csv
.output //MyServer/MyShare/Misc/Scripts/Scheduled/KODI/SQL_DUPES_KODI_EPISODES_RESULTS.csv
select
            tvshow.c00 show,
            episode.c12 s,
            episode.c13 e,
            episode.c00 title,
            count(*) num,
            group_concat(path.strPath || files.strFilename) locations
from files
join episode on episode.idFile = files.idFile
join path on files.idPath = path.idPath
join tvshow on episode.idShow = tvshow.idShow
where files.strFilename NOT LIKE '%CD1%'
group by episode.idShow, s, e having num > 1;
You got it right.  The WHERE parameters for the initial SELECT come at the end after the conditional join statements.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks Jeff, I feel like such a dummy. SQL is something I only dabble in a few times per year. Wondering if you can help me with this other SQL - this is the equivalent query to find duplicates, but I'm running it against my PlexDB (yes I know this is not a plex forum)

My original SQL:

sql:
.header on
.mode csv
.output //MyServer/MyShare/Misc/Scripts/DuplicateMovies/PLEX/SQL_DUPES_PLEX_RESULTS.csv

SELECT metadata.title AS Title, parts.file AS Path FROM media_parts parts
INNER JOIN media_items items ON items.id=parts.media_item_id
INNER JOIN metadata_items metadata ON metadata.id=items.metadata_item_id
INNER JOIN (
    SELECT guid FROM metadata_items
    WHERE metadata_type=1
    GROUP BY guid
    HAVING COUNT(*) > 1
) duplicates ON duplicates.guid=metadata.guid
ORDER BY title, metadata.guid;

I want to add something like

sql:
'where parts.file NOT LIKE '%CD1%' AND parts.file NOT LIKE '%CD2%''

on the second last line of the SQL, but the order of operations is wrong if I do it this way.
I want to do these exclusions BEFORE doing the count, otherwise the results aren't 100% what I am after.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I have a thread opened over at plex forums : https://forums.plex.tv/t/need-help-again...e/866336/7
Not tested, but maybe:

SELECT metadata.title AS Title, parts.file AS Path
FROM media_parts parts
INNER JOIN media_items items ON items.id = parts.media_item_id
INNER JOIN metadata_items metadata ON metadata.id = items.metadata_item_id
WHERE parts.file NOT LIKE '%CD1%'
  AND parts.file NOT LIKE '%CD2%'
  AND metadata.guid IN (
      SELECT guid
      FROM metadata_items
      WHERE metadata_type = 1
      GROUP BY guid
      HAVING COUNT(*) > 1
  )
(2024-01-17, 01:31)tjs4ever Wrote: on the second last line of the SQL, but the order of operations is wrong if I do it this way.
I want to do these exclusions BEFORE doing the count, otherwise the results aren't 100% what I am after.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I have a thread opened over at plex forums : https://forums.plex.tv/t/need-help-again...e/866336/7

What @kcook_shield posted looks like it should work.  On a related topic I can see where MySQL wouldn't have dupe detection since Kodi doesn't but am a bit surprised that Plex doesn't.  I built this functionality into the Mezzmo Kodi addon a couple of years ago, along with a tracker so you can see them by day (i.e. when they showed up ii your library).  Seems like a bit of a glaring omission.  Also I am a bit intrigued as to why you are running both MySQL and Plex ?  There is a lot of overlap between the two or are both queries for the same Plex database ?

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
@kcook_shield this is perfect.

I actually ended up with the below. For reasons I don't understand there is still output which doesn't belong, but I think more to do with plex DB than anything.

SELECT metadata.title AS Title, parts.file AS Path
FROM media_parts parts
INNER JOIN media_items items ON items.id = parts.media_item_id
INNER JOIN metadata_items metadata ON metadata.id = items.metadata_item_id
WHERE parts.file NOT LIKE '%CD1%'
  AND parts.file NOT LIKE '%CD2%'
  AND parts.file NOT LIKE 'M:\3D\%'
  AND metadata.guid IN (
      SELECT guid
      FROM metadata_items
      WHERE metadata_type = 1
      GROUP BY guid
      HAVING COUNT(*) > 1
  )

Answered my questions and then some Smile
Hey @jbinkley60,

I haven't heard of mezzmo until just now, definitely will be doing some further reading - it looks like it does it all.

I'm running a plex server and kodi on separate machines, just the standard local DB for both, they share a mapped drive with the media. At the moment both are windows boxes.

I have duplicate entries creep up on both DBs over time; in most cases it's just a scraping issue, sometimes I have to change filenames or dates in filenames to make things scan in 100%. Sometimes the two never play along perfectly and I just pick one over the other.

The two SQL - one for plex one for kodi, the kodi one and its results I am way more confident in Smile
For plex DB there is even a special 'Plex SQLite.exe' that you need to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help With MySQL Query0