Touchscreen Home Jukebox Inquiry
Hello,

I'm running Kodi 19.4 on a touchscreen-capable all-in-one PC now running Ubuntu. I intend to use it as a sort of home jukebox and disable the video playback, picture sections, etc. Currently I have the touchscreen working well and the party auto-start addon set to run every startup - which is ideal to keep music always playing.

Here are the issues I'm facing:
1.) Global Search addon is installed, but selecting a song from its search results does not enqueue it as per the "Queue songs on selection" setting, it immediately bypasses what's playing.
I'd like this enqueue the song instead.

2.) Unsure how to set the Global Search addon to always show a "back" or "home" button for touchscreen use.
I'd like the Global Search addon - or any other search method - to feature Back/Home buttons for touchscreen use.

3.) Unable to find a fully touchscreen-friendly skin with "back", "home" and scroll features accessible for touchscreen use.
I'd like help finding or configuring a touch-friendly skin that features Back/Home buttons for easy touchscreen use.

3.) Looking for a method to make search directly accessible from the Home screen rather than going into the Add-ons/Programs menu to select "Global Search".

Ideal I'd like but definitely not a deal-breaker:
- Option to toggle "pause", "stop" and similar buttons - even if it involves editing a skin somehow

So, in summary: I'd like a good "back button"-supported search method - ideally accessible directly from the Home screen - that enqueues songs rather than bypassing what's playing and a decent fully touch-friendly skin to scroll, go "home" and "back" and anything else.

Are these issues solvable with Kodi? Is Kodi on Ubuntu a good way to go about setting up a touchscreen-capable "Home Jukebox"?

Please let me know what you think and ask questions. Thank you.
Just thinking about doing this myself.. I can work well with xmls and can code a bit.. can you share what you've got so far

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen Home Jukebox Inquiry0