FM Radio PVR
Hello  =D

Any chance there is a developer on here who may be willing to update/fork the djp952/pvr.rtlradio addon?

The original developer has moved on to other things, but has given his blessing (and even offered support) to anyone who may be interested in maintaining it:
Quote:For what it's worth at this point, I am happy to be available to try to explain the seemingly crazy required dependencies from my now abandoned work on Radio and why I made the decisions I made along the way (including why it was the straw that broke this particular "camel's back") with Kodi? There is great potential for simplifying the dependencies by modifying the disparate radio "engines" to use them. 

I very sincerely hope that someone new can pick up where I left off and can make RTL-SDR a reality for Kodi "Radio" in a way that supports not only North America (FM/Weather/HD Radio), but also Europe (FM/DAB[+]) any other standard(s)? I have never been in that position, and I did what I felt I could with it. The as-is code will not be deleted, but I do intend to mark any repos specific to Radio as "locked" if I haven't alredy. The current state is, at best, a work in progress for systems I had no access to and decided that it was in my best interest to just give up on the entire thing. It was never "good", it was always a hack job that happened to work in North America pretty well. That's simply not fair to Kodi's worldwide Universe.

According to his download stats, it appears to have a respectable amount of interest (for an unofficial addon):
https://tooomm.github.io/github-release-...r.rtlradio

I'm confident that if this addon were to make it into the main Kodi repository, it would receive a lot more attention (as it deserves).

The reason I'm asking is because I'm still on Kodi 19 Matrix, and have been putting off upgrading to Kodi 20 Nexus (for over a year now) because I don't want to loose my FM radio PVR!  LOL

Any chance someone on here (who knows what they're doing) might help a guy out?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FM Radio PVR0