Rifftrax Shorts do not show up in library
Question 
Sorry for this noob-question.

I got the Rifftrax-collection through their official online-store, so the files should be named correctly?

https://imgur.com/a/mNdtViW

(Or do I need to rename each one into "Rifftrax Shorts S01E01 " ?)

But they don't show in the Series-Library.

The other ones (like "Christmas Riff: Scarred to Death") do show up correctly.
(2024-02-10, 13:29)PuffelRH Wrote: (Or do I need to rename each one into "Rifftrax Shorts S01E01 " ?)
Yes, sadly the store collection is named according to their nomenclature, not the web database that scarpers use. Best confirm the episode naming with the scraper database you use (defualt is TheMovieDB using TMDB TV Shows scraper.)
(2024-02-10, 17:31)PatK Wrote: (defualt is thetvdb.com)
No, it is TheMovieDB using TMDB TV Shows scraper.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-02-10, 17:31)PatK Wrote:
(2024-02-10, 13:29)PuffelRH Wrote: (Or do I need to rename each one into "Rifftrax Shorts S01E01 " ?)
Yes, sadly the store collection is named according to their nomenclature, not the web database that scarpers use. Best confirm the episode naming with the scraper database you use (defualt TheMovieDB using TMDB TV Shows scraper.)

thank you.
Is there a program that could do it for me?
(2024-02-10, 21:54)PuffelRH Wrote: Is there a program that could do it for me?
First you need to find where the episodes are listed.
TMDB does not seem to have them... https://www.themoviedb.org/search/compan...y=Rifftrax
TVDB does have them listed... https://thetvdb.com/series/rifftrax-shorts#seasons
So you will need to use the TVDB v4 scraper... https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers

Your screenshot shows you have ten shorts, so that should be pretty easy to quickly fix.
Your first episode RTS001- A Visit to Santa should be renamed S2007E01- A Visit to Santa
Note that TVDB are using the Year as the Season number.

But if you want a program to do it, check one of the media managers in the Supplementary Tools section of the forum, below. I can't recommend one as I don't use them, so don't have a strong understanding of their features.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi! Thank you.

Its unfortunately more than 10 Episodes.

Its 154 Episodes.

I created a .nfo file as recommended in the wiki, but I guess I am doing something wrong.

https://paste.kodi.tv/nimoqiquvu

I also tried using filebot, but it showed me different episodes from different shows.
(2024-02-11, 10:08)PuffelRH Wrote: I created a .nfo file as recommended in the wiki, but I guess I am doing something wrong.
There are a couple of errors in there.
That is the tv show nfo file. Have you also created the episode nfo files? You will need to create 154 of them. Even if you create them, they still won't scan until you fix the episode numbering. It has to be in the SxxEyy format.

Why can't you use the TVDB listing and TVDB scraper?

It is going to be a lot easier and quicker to rename the episodes, than trying to figure out and create 155 nfo files that work correctly AND rename the files.
My Signature
(2024-02-11, 10:31)Karellen Wrote: Why can't you use the TVDB listing and TVDB scraper?
because its not possible to tell for each rifftrax-short episode what season it is.

And renaming every single one will take forever.
(2024-02-11, 17:00)PuffelRH Wrote: because its not possible to tell for each rifftrax-short episode what season it is.
Of course it is. I found the first four episodes in about 30 seconds. Your filenames have the dates in them. So just look up the correct season which is named by year.

(2024-02-11, 17:00)PuffelRH Wrote: And renaming every single one will take forever.
Well, I don't know what else to tell you.
You have to rename them all or they won't work. There is no way around that.
And it won't take forever. It will probably take you a couple of hours which you can spread over a few sessions.
My Signature
For Rifftrax on TVDB, there is also the listing for Rifftrax in general here: https://thetvdb.com/series/rifftrax
Shorts are all together in Season 3 of it, with other categories of releases (Films, Presents, Live) listed under the other seasons.  

So if you have (or might later get) more Rifftrax other than shorts in the future, you might want to go with this listing.  Whatever you choose, the numbering of the episodes will be completely different.  Fortunately, once you get it done once and export things to NFO files, you're golden going forward.

Speaking from experience, it's certainly a pain to set up the first time, but once it's done, it's worth it.  I think the general Rifftrax listing makes it a bit easier to future proof going forward than just the Shorts listing.  Up to you, though.
thank you very much!
I will try it asap!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rifftrax Shorts do not show up in library0