1130 mysql error - fritz.box is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
Hi,

Does anyone know what is wrong?
I can access "mysql" on the server with the user I created for Kodi via the console. I have also set the bind-address = 0.0.0.0 in "/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf".

Nevertheless, the log on the PC says that I cannot connect because the Fritzbox has no access. I'm slowly running out of ideas about what else I can do.

https://paste.kodi.tv/dobayekevi.kodi
No, it says Basi-PC in the fritz.box domain is not allowed to connect to the MySQL server, which is hosted on "192.168.178.38", I guess.

First I would try to connect with a mysql-client to the database

Code:

sudo apt install mysql-client

mysql -u kodi -h 192.168.178.38 -p

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;

If no success, I would try to enable the logging on the mysql server and look at that file.
Okay, I can't access the database with this command.

I can only get in with "mysql -u kodi -p" when I am in the console. Probably because it then recognises it correctly as a host with 127.0.0.1.

How can I activate the error log for Mysql?
can you maybe run the command
Code:
sudo grep -R "address" /etc/mysql/
on the server.

And just to be sure, did you restart the mysql server after you altered the configuration file?
as request
sudo grep -R "address" /etc/mysql/:
Code:
/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf:#bind-address        = 127.0.0.1
/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf:bind-address        = 0.0.0.0
/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf:#mysqlx-bind-address    = 127.0.0.1
I have copied the various logs here, I also tried to bind the network address of the server directly, but that didn't work either.

https://paste.kodi.tv/emonolofij
Your logs do indicate a problem with binding. Also your config files look ok, to me, there is no double definition. 
Maybe config-file is not read.

what config-files does
Code:
mysqld  --verbose --help | grep -A 1 "Default options"
return?

Is there a link from one of those config files to "/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf"

Given the output includes "etc/mysql/my.cnf", what does it change if you set the bind address within this file?
if I enter the bind-address in my.cnf then mysql does not start, but I have not yet found out how to get into the log to see the error more precisely.

https://paste.kodi.tv/iyihugilub

Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status mysql.service" and "journalctl -xeu mysql.service" for details.
You would need to set the bind-address under a "[mysqld]".

Code:

[mysqld]
bind-address = 0.0.0.0

Given the config files, it should read it from "/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf"
Make sure that it is only set once.

I can't remember exactly how, but I think you can set verbose levels.

I do not have any further idea, maybe ask in the mysql - forum.
thanks for your help, the "bind-address = 0.0.0.0" is actually all over the internet. Nevertheless, it somehow doesn't work no matter where I enter it.

The user "kodi" still has no access to the database and the error 1130 remains. Port 3306 is also released in "ufw".

The user "kodi" also has all rights, so I don't know what else I can change on the server or the settings.
I have just recreated the user "kodi" with a different authentication method "native mysql....." then I executed your command from above "mysql -u kodi -h 192.168.178.38 -p" this allowed me to access "mysql" via the terminal.

I believe and hope that it works now. I can now also see how the 2 tables "music" and "video" have been created in "mysql".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1130 mysql error - fritz.box is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server0