Solved No GUI sounds on Shield
I am on Kodi 20.5 and have just installed the newest kodi nerds maven build on a 2019 Shield Pro.  This is really my only issue I have, I can play Dolby Vision videos great, all audio formats work during playback but it has never had any GUI sounds since I got the Shield.  The volume is at 100%, I have turned GUI sounds to always, tried downloading new gui sound packs, disabled passthrough sound temporarily, changed back to 1080p from 4k, tried changing back to default skin.  I am at a loss, why would every other type of sound work but the GUI sounds?  Doesnt matter what input device I use, both my Logitech keyboard and Shield remote don't make GUI sounds.
It's actually because of the input device handling on android. Essentially sound has never been attached to peripheral.joystick actions.
(2024-03-28, 07:34)Fuzzard Wrote: It's actually because of the input device handling on android. Essentially sound has never been attached to peripheral.joystick actions.
But I am using a keyboard?  Is there a workaround to get this working?
No. it just flat out isnt implemented for the input handling used by android (and some other platforms)
My Shield remote makes GUI sounds.
(2024-03-28, 10:57)Hitcher Wrote: My Shield remote makes GUI sounds.

Inside of Kodi? Did you have to do something to get it to work?
(2024-03-28, 10:57)Hitcher Wrote: My Shield remote makes GUI sounds.
Mine to.
(2024-03-28, 14:37)Mibuix0r Wrote:  Inside of Kodi? Did you have to do something to get it to work?
Yes, and no.
(2024-03-28, 16:39)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-03-28, 14:37)Mibuix0r Wrote:  Inside of Kodi? Did you have to do something to get it to work?
Yes, and no.
What version of Kodi?  Are you on the Shield 2019 Pro?
If you have "Keep audio alive" + "Low Volume Noise" disabled, it might just be, that the AVR needs a tick too long to warmup and the sound is gone already ... which is why the default is 1 minute and enabled.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Tongue 
I ended up figuring it out.  Noticed I had no sound in the main shield menus either sometimes, also would have no sound with passthrough disabled.  In the Shield Android settings, my audio output device was set to Auto which chose my USB keyboard over HDMI. Set it to manual and selected HDMI and now all is fixed. Shield is a bit finnicky.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No GUI sounds on Shield0