Solved No Internet in Portable Mode
Hi There,

I Have my Main version of KODI, Nexus RC2, running happily as. However I started a new Portable build a while back in my gaming system for playing music, both local and from youtube.
This was working fine under Matrix, but today I decided to update the Portable build as it would no longer talk to youtube. 
Now I can't get Kodi to talk to the internet in portable mode. The normal build on the same machine works just fine.
The portable build is on another drive in a subdirectory, so there should be no cross contamination.

Just as an extra, I always get the error "One or more files can't be played, check the log for more details" when I start Kodi Portable.

Any Ideas?

https://paste.kodi.tv/iyoconataw.kodi
Definitely no internet.. might be a firewall issue, make sure you poke a hole for Kodi. Sometimes installing we miss the windows req for firewall access and check your defender knows about Kodi.

P.S. From my understanding there was an issue with http://mirrors.kodi.tv/ and has been fixed, see if it all works now.
Yes it looks like a mirror issue. <http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/nexus/addons.xml.gz?sha256> Failed with code 0:
@eliz50 This is a Kodi support forum on a windows machine, not a social platform, your post count so far is full of unnecessary acknowledgements.
Save your personal greets to other web sites and enjoy Official:Forum rules (wiki) Keep this up and you will be an edited user.
Hi PatK,
Thanks for the help, It talks to the repository now. 
Just as a matter of interest, I gave up on the old install as I couldn't update it. If I tried to update Pseudo TV Live, I was told no, as it was dependent on IPTV simple client. If I tried to update that from the repository, I was only getting 20.11 was available, but it wants 21.8
This type of error just seemed to be compounded across the board, try to update one thing, was dependent on another.
So I installed a new version of Kodi and tried to install Pseudo TV Live. It is not showing up in the repository at all. Still the old version of IPTV Simple Client is showing in the repository, and not the new version.
To get the system to work, I had to Install Kodi to the Portable Directory, delete the portable data folder and copy my Full working Kodi directory to the portable directory, then delete and clean all the media, just to get a current working version, then update and modify from there for my mobile media player.
It was a chore, but seems to be working from there.
Just weird that it is so hard to make a new complete Kodi Build, perhaps it is just the portable version?
Anyway, thanks for the help.
Cheers
Oz
Well, There is so many problems here I think I better start a new thread. There is either something wrong with the repository, or people are not updating their work in the repository. Everything I try to install is dependent on something else that is not in the repository.
Quote:better start a new thread
Most of your issues are quite advanced at the cutting edge of what the developers are trial-ING in the wild. Although RC versions are stable, add-on developers and 3rd party software is going to follow behind somewhat, and given new direction from the dev-con meetings, there will no doubt be more developments. If you're looking for stability in a specific add-on or 3rd party offering, then I suggest sticking to the support forum of choice and heed the authors suggestions as to version and containment. I doubt Portable mode (wiki) is behind any of your issues, most of the staff here use this configuration.
Hey Patk, 
I am always on the cutting edge, lol. I do run Kodi every day on multiple systems, and am always adding new media almost every day, plus my experimental build on my Games cabinet, running Coin ops Atarishii, which uses Kodi as its juke box, using MP4s for MTV, MP3 albums, as well as karaoke. Keeping this build portable is tricky, but needed.
Anyway, back at it, 
Thanks for your input and support.
Cheers
Oz.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Internet in Portable Mode0