v21 Weird problem when refreshing a database entry
Hi,
I am using a MariaDB server running on Debian and several Kodis (3 Android, 2 Windows) sharing the same database. Thumbnails are stores either locally or in an SMB share. All were version 19 until a couple of days ago. Android kodis worked with some minor problems, sharing the databases OK (I had problems withe the Windows versions, but this should be for other thread..).
I upgraded both Android units to V.21. I am not using the Windows versions (I am in the process of upgrading to v.21 one of them right now, to see if I can reproduce the problem).
The DB server was MariaDB 10.3. I decided to do a clean database for the new kodi so I followed the procedure to reset the databases before launching any v.21. Then I started fresh and scanned one by one the folders with movies. I have an Action folder, for example. Se it as Movies, using the default scrapper (TMDB python) and waited for some time until the scan process finished. Then I looked to the movies as the scrapper recognized them. There were some mistakes, which I always correct using the Refresh button. I tried to do the same, but instead of showing the movie name as recognized (which was the case until now) the Refresh button looked for Action, the parent folder.
I changed the server by MariaDB 10.5, now a fresh installation in a different computer. Same drill, same result.
Anyone had the same problem?
What is your folder structure like (Action folder and below) and what are the source settings?

What does "I followed the procedure to reset the database"  mean?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Action->The Scorpion King->The Scorpion King.mkv
This was an example.. Each movie (action movie, that is) is in its own folder, with the name of the movie as the folder name and the video file name. If there are subs, they are like:
The Scorpion King.srt
The Scorpion King.es.srt
Then, in the files section of Kodi I have an entry Action (and others for other generes) mapped by smb (the server and disk are mapped), with the The Movie Database Python scrapper, default scrapper settings, Contents scanning options:
Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title   SET
Scan recursively                                                               SET
Selected folder contains a single video                               CLEAR
Exclude path from library updates                                    CLEAR
Skip filename matching for external audio tracks               CLEAR

I have been using the same settings and mappings for several Kodi generations without any problem.

Regarding the reset database procedure, I was meaning at MariaDB level. With Kodi down, delete all the database files, then reinitialize the base files (there is a specific command for that, I think that mysql_install_db), then I recreated the kodi user and setup as explained in the page https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_...bian_Linux
I have been using this same server for years as well. But just to be safe I installed a fresh MariaDB 10.5 in another server and redirected Kodi there. Same results. Of course, I lost the database every time but I don't care for that (I am doing some server changes and it was expected anyway).
By the way, I tried the Windows version and it does the same, so this isn't a specific Android problem.
I just tried in a fresh Windows install with local database and it happen the same. It should be a bug of v.21
Reproduced.

edit: however, only when refreshing information on the folder that contains the movie. refreshing information on the movie itself is fine.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It is possible, but refreshing the file entry would leave the folder orphan, right?
OK. I created a bug report anyway...
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird problem when refreshing a database entry0