Beta Xumo Play - Live and on demand streaming

Xumo Play is your destination for free LIVE and on-demand streaming channels ranging from sports highlights to fun recipes to music and festival coverage to stand up comedy. Stream exciting entertainment, breaking news, sports, comedy, music, & fashion channels for free.

This add-on provides access to the free live "TV channels" and free on demand movies and TV shows available on the Xumo Play website. No subscription required. Not sure if the content is geo-restricted or not.

Download from the link below, from my Matrix repo, or from my add-ons page.

Xumo Play - v 2024.04.10

Tested on Matrix and Nexus on Linux systems. YMMV, caveat emptor, etc... If you have any issues with the add-on, please enable log notifications in the add-on settings and post a link to a full debug log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Works well, but On Demand categories seem to be limited to 25 items and there is no view all or next page.
(2024-05-03, 15:47)Eye in the sky Wrote: Works well, but On Demand categories seem to be limited to 25 items and there is no view all or next page.

Sorry 'bout that. I didn't even notice. There's a lot more content here than I thought.

Version 2024.04.10 has fixes for this and should now display all available items under each VOD category.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Works great now, thanks for the update!
Quote:We’re Sorry...
Xumo Play is currently only available in the United States.
apart from on demand it works in the uk
(2024-05-04, 13:40)mollyrocco Wrote: apart from on demand it works in the uk

That is the way it is supposed to work.  Most of the channels are not geolocked (a few are).  The two On Demand sections are geolocked but AFAIK they are not DRMed.
(2024-05-04, 15:33)barney63 Wrote:

That is the way it is supposed to work.  Most of the channels are not geolocked (a few are).  The two On Demand sections are geolocked but AFAIK they are not DRMed.
many thanks for your advice

When you try to play something from the on demand sections, does it display an error message in Kodi or does it just fail silently as if nothing happened?
(2024-05-06, 20:35)MetalChris Wrote: When you try to play something from the on demand sections, does it display an error message in Kodi or does it just fail silently as if nothing happened?
I get

(2024-05-06, 20:59)barney63 Wrote:
(2024-05-06, 20:35)MetalChris Wrote: When you try to play something from the on demand sections, does it display an error message in Kodi or does it just fail silently as if nothing happened?
I get

If you enable log notifications in the add-on settings and send me the log file when that happens, I might be able to add some error handling and have the add-on display a more meaningful message.
(2024-05-06, 20:35)MetalChris Wrote:

When you try to play something from the on demand sections, does it display an error message in Kodi or does it just fail silently as if nothing happened?
hi when i try on demand tv shows and movies i get a play error on both
(2024-05-08, 10:35)mollyrocco Wrote:
(2024-05-06, 20:35)MetalChris Wrote:

hi when i try on demand tv shows and movies i get a play error on both
Content is geo-restricted to USA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xumo Play - Live and on demand streaming0