Update To The Movie Database Python scraper?
I am specifically referring to the option to include an "identifier", which would be a media item's ID from imdb, tmdb, and tvdb, which is supposed to be parsed directly out of the filepath and handed to the scraper so it doesn't even have to do a name-based lookup and will directly get the correct match & metadata. Wiki Documentation Here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...dentifiers

Currently, the documentation indicates that if I want to include an ID in my movie library items, I'd need to use The Movie Database Python information provider for movies named in this way.

My current test target item is the 2015 movie, The Witch. I chose this because it explicitly returns multiple items when you do a name based search, so it's an ideal test-case for ensuring this feature actually works.
Except, in my case, I have not been able to actually get this process to work as documented. I've tried various combinations of filename options per the documentation, and have updated both the file & parent folder name. I tried just IMDB, just TMBD, and both, enclosed with curly braces and square braces. I have seen no behavior and no logged information to indicate that anything is actually parsing an ID, I just see a "name & year" lookup as I've seen for years in Kodi.

Based on my reading of the documentation, a working filepath should be:
<source root>\Movies4k\Witch, The (2015) [imdb=tt4263482]\The Witch (2015) - Second Sight Version [4k] [imdb=tt4263482].mkv

My current test system is running Windows 11 64-bit, Kodi 21.0 Omega and The Movie Database Python scraper version 2.1.0. This version of the scraper hasn't been updated in over a year, but is also what I get just using the standard add-on repos that Kodi comes stock with. I did read through a bunch of PRs related to the development of this feature, and found they do indeed seem to have been closed / merged, and the official Wiki for the add-on itself has also been updated:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python

WHOOPS! I just noticed while writing this up, the Wiki only just got this new addition as of 27 April 2024 (yesterday-ish), so my locally installed 1 year old scraper definitely won't know about this yet.
So I guess my question is actually "should I expect an official update to get built and then show up in the official repo in a few days?" I realize I don't know what the state of Kodi's autobuild infra is these days, especially for addons. Also along those lines, is there some sort of dev or nightly repo / channel available for the adventures, as their is with Kodi itself?
The version I have of The Movie Database Python is v3.0.1, I'm not sure if this solves your issue but 2.1.0 seems pretty old.

Just to update my own thread, I have updated Kodi to the 4/28/2024 Nightly build of Omega, and the Movie Database Python scraper to version 3.0.1 from GitHub.

I am still not able to get identifiers in filenames to work, and so at this point I'm unclear on what I'm doing vs what the Wiki says to do. Has anyone been able to make this work with movies?
Looking through the development history of the scraper on Github, this appears to have been implemented back in December https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...n/pull/205
I tried this method for the first time yesterday on 4 movies. Two worked, the other two did not.
I tried your movie and it did not work.

Apart from the filename identifier issue, the scraper has no provision to untangle the movie name when you place the article at the end.
ie. it can't figure out that Witch, The should actually be The Witch.
So the scraper ends up taking the string literally and searches for Witch The from 2015. Of course that will fail as there is no movie with that name, so this causes the fallback method to fail also.

Maybe @sundermann could check out if there is a problem
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23840
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have tried your file and it did scrape correctly for me. Can you get a debug log?
(2024-04-29, 17:28)SuburbanVampire Wrote: I am still not able to get identifiers in filenames to work
Turned out to be a small bug which @sundermann has now submitted a fix for... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/25095
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, that makes me feel better, I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Gotta love the unhandled edge cases Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update To The Movie Database Python scraper?0