Network sharing issue
Having a strange problem with XBMC on Vista Ultimate x64...

I'm trying to add my Video network share (originating on my Mac Pro used as a Samba share) to my XBMC library. Unfortunately, browsing the smb network on xbmc like I used to on my XBox results in the following error:

"Error -1073741772: share not available"

To get around this, I've tried mapping one networked volume to Z: and another to Y:. Y: works just fine, but the important one, Z, is unfortunately remapping to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Also, just for my reference, the VMC remote control support isn't 100% yet, right? The "Back" button isn't working for me, nor is most of the playback controls.
XBMC still use X Y Z and P for its own file uses for now, just remap the shared drive to another letter and you should be fine.

This is a leftover from Xbox versions and will be removed in the future, but its still here for now.

And the remote support isn't built into XBMC, using IRSuite you can customise your buttons, so check for that and see how you go.
Hi Guys,

i am having the same network error, i am trying to migrate from my xbox to a shuttle PC i built so i can have 720p movie playback. how do you map the drives as noted to x,y etc? i have looked for .xml files in xbmc install dir re network to try and edit but cant find anything. Is there a topic/tutorial on the forum that i could read? i have tried searching for 'smb' and 'drive mapping' but cant seem to find what im looking for...

any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Well, I can answer how to map network drives. When you're in the network browser in Windows, you just right click the network share you want to map to a drive letter, and choose "map network drive".

Thanks a lot for the info, WinterMuteAu. I take it network browsing is still a work in progress?
oh dear i feel quite stupid now!!!

thanks for the info!

will try later after work Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network sharing issue0