Short "Beta 2" question - multi CPU core support in XBMC for Linux?
Hi all,

I looked at the release notes for the Beta 2 release, and noted the added multi-core decoding for windows users. Is that support already in the Linux release, or is it a "windows only" feature?

I'm planning my new HTPC at the moment and of course I will run XBMC Smile

I was going to run Ubuntu as OS, but with the dualcore support in the windows release I am not sure any more..
This post is relevant to my interests as well!!! Smile

JKing
Multi core video processing is available in Linux, Live and OSX (and windows).

So just choose any OS Wink
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Ok, thanks for the reply!

Ubuntu it is then! Smile
Hey so if I do a compile from source will that actually also get me this update since its actually a new ffmpeg? Forgive my n00bness Tongue
Catchy Signature Here
Said update was already in the linux and os x versions.

All that happened is it was turned on for windows users as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Since when is this update in xbmc for linux? I just upgraded my box from Alpha3 to Beta2 and I am surprised of its performance Smile
If compiling from source (as I do), is there any special switch that needs to be turned on to get multi-core support?

- this is not related to that CPU auto-detect gcc option (that was removed) from svn, is it?
tails_naf@yahoo Wrote:If compiling from source (as I do), is there any special switch that needs to be turned on to get multi-core support?

No. It's automagical.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short "Beta 2" question - multi CPU core support in XBMC for Linux?0