Software Renderer and Upscaling
I've been playing around with the different rendering options and I prefer the software renderer because on my TV it gives slightly more accurate colors (with reds in particular). But when I turn on the advanced software upscaling option when using the software renderer, xbmc crashes on both my macbook pro and macmini as soon as i start to play a video. Is the software renderer just not designed to work with the software upscaling?

Thanks
You're correct, this is definitely a bug and not expected behavior.

Most likely we'll have to disable software upscaling when used in combination with the software renderer. The reason being that currently the upscaling happens prior to the YUV to RGB conversion (which is what the software renderer does). The software renderer however outputs an image that is equal to the resolution of the source video thereby nullifying the effect of the upscaler. The temporary quick solution would be to prevent software upscaling when the software renderer is in use. The long term solution would be to allow the YUV to RGB conversion to output an image that is the size of the upscaled resolution.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4833
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4833

I'm experiencing this Nearest Neighbor bug with 8.1 on my MacBook Pro but I didn't have any problems with the betas. In fact, none of the software upscalers (Bicubic, Lanczos, and Sinc) are working for me anymore in 8.1. Should I post a log?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Software Renderer and Upscaling0