XBMC LIVE NOT WORKING ON 2nd SCREEN/FLAT-TV
Hello,

Finally I was able set up my HTPC. I planned to use XBMC Live as the MediaSoftware. I got an ATI 2600PRO with an HDMI Output. But things are not working at all. It always boots to a black screen... On my laptops it just works fine but not on a second screen which turns off as soon as XBMC starts. Can please someone help me setting up the right config file for XBMC LIVE. I am quite disappointed after spending all that money on the htpc instead on popcorn hour. And it is not working now. The laptop issue is not that importand. But if some knows a solution for that , would be nice too.

CAN SOME HELP?

I am sorry. I ok the techinal issues but I have to admit. I have no knowledge about linux...
are you using your laptop as your htpc? that's why you get a black screen? Have you if so, tried pressing the Function key (FN) and the LCD-key to output it to your external screen? Otherwise, it could be the drivers for your ATI card, I had problems with ATI gfx and XBMC too, wait for a new beta when they've (hopefully), updated the ATI drivers.
slacker666 Wrote:Have you if so, tried pressing the Function key (FN) and the LCD-key to output it to your external screen?

with XBMC Live it is not possible to use the normal keyboard hotkeys to active/deactivate not wanted displays -> FN + F8 (CRT/LCD)

Workaround: Use the Windows Build .. Confused
Maybe my posting was a bit to confusing... So here again my 2 Problems

FIRST...
I bought a nice HTPC(includ. an ATI HD2600PRO with HDMI Output)
and I want to use XBMC Live on it. But it just doesnt work. So here I am with all the Hardware and I cant use it beacause xbmc doesnt work. What it does is it asks me for Nividia, Ati or Intel start up. Than it starts to boot up and as soon as it is seems to be done booting the screen turns black. Thats it... no more. I tried to get to work with an personal "xorg.conf" file. No success. I have to say I dont much about linux so I don really know what to put in there. Maybe some can help putting together a working "xorg.conf"

SECOND
besides the HTPC i have a Laptop. XMBC works awesome on it. The reason why I decided to buy the htpc. But when I am connecting to my Flat TV it only works on the laptop screen As soon as booting is done the vga output turns off and the FlatTv turns black....

PLEASE someone help me. I really would love to get that thing working. It is so much more powerful than a Popcorn Hour but not it is not working...

XBMC for Windows is not an option. XBMC Live is so much more powerful it is unbeliveable. 1080p runs smooth like silk. awesome
neromare Wrote:FIRST...
I bought a nice HTPC(includ. an ATI HD2600PRO with HDMI Output)
and I want to use XBMC Live on it. But it just doesnt work. So here I am with all the Hardware and I cant use it beacause xbmc doesnt work. What it does is it asks me for Nividia, Ati or Intel start up. Than it starts to boot up and as soon as it is seems to be done booting the screen turns black. Thats it... no more. I tried to get to work with an personal "xorg.conf" file. No success. I have to say I dont much about linux so I don really know what to put in there. Maybe some can help putting together a working "xorg.conf"

like i said before, ATI drivers werent updated in the Beta 2 release, so they are the same as in Beta1. Your best chance is that the devs integrate newer drivers for ATI in the upcoming release of XBMC Live. Your second option is to get an Nvidia gfx instead, if you wanna keep it simple.

Regarding your laptop problem, I think me and Janolo already covered that part.
by editing your xorg.conf file you should get dual display support ?

Atleast i had the same problem on my nvidia based laptop, just picture
on the built in lcd. By tweaking xorg.conf and adding dual screen i got
picture on both my TV and LAPTOP.

But sorry i have no idea how settings for ATI would look in xorg.conf. I guess by dooing some genereic linux/ubuntu googling you should find your answer.

Google is our friend, remember that this is linux Smile
The-Boxhead Wrote:By tweaking xorg.conf and adding dual screen i got
picture on both my TV and LAPTOP.

Could you upload your xorg.conf to www.pastebin.com?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37946

in this thread i have explained how to edit xorg.conf to
add support for clone mode. But as said this is for nvidia.

I post my xorg.conf when im home...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LIVE NOT WORKING ON 2nd SCREEN/FLAT-TV0