• 3(current)
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script
Sure, maybe post a screenshot or 2 of your XBMC so people can see how they look in practice before they dl and try them.
Good idea, I'll do that !
Out of curiosity what OS are you running the script on? Are you using only the manual -force or have you used the ffmpeg/-scan as well?
midgetspy Wrote:Out of curiosity what OS are you running the script on? Are you using only the manual -force or have you used the ffmpeg/-scan as well?

As I wrote in my first post Wink

..I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.5, It should be a lot more "linux-like" than Windows, I would imagine Smile

I have only tried a -force scan of one movie...

I really hope that the automatic scan works, when I try that out (!)
midgetspy

Hope you can help.

I tried to run the scan option instead of the force option, but I get an error everytime:
----
iMac:tog martin$ python tog.py -scan /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/
Doing overlays for /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/Wayne's World/Wayne's World.avi
ERROR: unable to scan /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/Wayne's World/Wayne's World.avi with ffmpeg
Doing overlays for /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/What Happens in Vegas/mvs-vegas.avi
ERROR: unable to scan /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/What Happens in Vegas/mvs-vegas.avi with ffmpeg
Successfully created overlays on 0 of 2 thumbnails (2 failures)
----

This is my tog.py file:

FFMPEG_PATH = '/usr/local/bin/'
FFMPEG_PROCESS = 'ffmpeg'

And, I have my ffmpeg installed at /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg of course.

/Martin
Hmm... try changing DEBUG to 1 at the top of the script and see if it says anything helpful (and paste it here). Also, try typing this in your console and see what it says:

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/What Happens in Vegas/mvs-vegas.avi
midgetspy Wrote:Hmm... try changing DEBUG to 1 at the top of the script and see if it says anything helpful (and paste it here). Also, try typing this in your console and see what it says:

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/What Happens in Vegas/mvs-vegas.avi

gives me

/Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/What: no such file or directory

I looks like it has to do with spaces in the name?

Like I wrote earlier, when using -force, I have to put the movie path in ' ' signs.

--

If I do:

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/What\ Happens\ in\ Vegas/mvs-vegas.avi

it gives me a result:

Input #0, avi, from '/Volumes/RAID_1TB/SD/Test/What Happens in Vegas/mvs-vegas.avi':
Duration: 01:29:20.36, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1095 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 624x240 [PAR 1:1 DAR 13:5], 25.00 tb®
Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s
Must supply at least one output file
Hm I have a feeling this has to do with spaces in the filenames... don't you know you're supposed to use periods? ;-P

I'll rename a few of my movies and see if it works. Did the debug info say anything helpful?
Thanks midgetspy !

Yep, it's surely the spaces, maybe there's a quick fix to the code so it can handle spaces Big Grin hint hint

Here is the debug output:
http://pastebin.com/m44af58a2
OK actually it's not the spaces, that debug info gave me all the info I needed. The problem was that the mac version of ffmpeg outputs in a slightly different format than the linux version apparently. I'll update the file sometime later, but for now you can fix it by changing it manually. It's line 184 in my file... just search for streamRegex and it should be the first match. It used to look like this:

Code:
    streamRegex = re.compile("  Stream #0\.(\d+): (Video|Audio): (.+)")

You should change it to this:

Code:
    streamRegex = re.compile("\s+Stream #0\.(\d+): (Video|Audio): (.+)")

(replace " " with "\s+")

Let me know if that works.
midgetspy Wrote:OK actually it's not the spaces, that debug info gave me all the info I needed. The problem was that the mac version of ffmpeg outputs in a slightly different format than the linux version apparently. I'll update the file sometime later, but for now you can fix it by changing it manually. It's line 184 in my file... just search for streamRegex and it should be the first match. It used to look like this:

Code:
    streamRegex = re.compile("  Stream #0\.(\d+): (Video|Audio): (.+)")

You should change it to this:

Code:
    streamRegex = re.compile("\s+Stream #0\.(\d+): (Video|Audio): (.+)")

(replace " " with "\s+")

Let me know if that works.

Is this enough of an answer for you? :

hehe Laugh
Glad you got it working. Looking forward to a screenshot of it in action in your XBMC with all movies scanned!
Will do - ASAP !
midgetspy Wrote:Glad you got it working. Looking forward to a screenshot of it in action in your XBMC with all movies scanned!

Sorry to bother you again, already Smile

But, now I tried to scan my HD movies (all .mkv) and I get the same error again.

If I do:

iMac:tog martin$ /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /Volumes/RAID_1TB/HD/BDRip/11.14/11.14.2003.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv

It works and outputs:

Input #0, matroska, from '/Volumes/RAID_1TB/HD/BDRip/11.14/11.14.2003.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv':
Duration: 01:25:42.92, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720, 23.98 tb®
Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: dca, 48000 Hz, 5:1, s16
Stream #0.2(eng): Subtitle: 0x0000

But if I do:

iMac:tog martin$ python tog.py -scan /Volumes/RAID_1TB/HD/BDRip/

I get errors.

Here is a partial output, before I interrupted it:
http://pastebin.com/m6420f323
It's another formatting difference in your ffmpeg compared to mine. I updated the regex again: http://nic.wolfeden.ca/tog/tog.py
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail Overlay Generator - makeshift HD video flagging script0