XBMC Music library mode change...
I am currently using XbmC and find that namely compilation CDs do not store all the files under either the album or the compilation artist's name. I also find that if I search in library mode (obviously after doing the muisc scan) I cannot find and songs done by the compilation artist. All my music is on a NAS and I have no problem finding the music in non-library mode. IS there something I'm missing or does XBMC not have the ability to read this tag information? I personally dont understand the filing structure of XBMC music db and how it puts this music in a unidenfitied plance.

Aslo, I have tried to modify the itunes script for MAC, but I cannot get it to work either. I would much rather find a way to convert an itunes or some other music server db so that I dont have to run itunes and a server. Does anyone have a solution for this yet?

TIA for the help
All I can suggest is that you:

1. Read the online manual carefully - particularly the piece on how XBMC determines a compilation album.
2. Make sure your files are tagged fully.
3. Look in your music database (userdata/database/mymusic*.db) using sqlitespy or similar to see whether a track is present or not.
4. If you are convinced that a track is not finding it's way in there, or is being assigned to the wrong artist, or whatever, then supply said track for us to test with.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Music library mode change...0