[XBOX] A N00b say: Where is the start ?
Sad 
Hello,

I'm really N00b and I would like to start my XBMC. I have read so many helpfully pages but... I,m really noob. I need someone help me for some nooq uestions.

Let's start.

I bought used Xbox, I bought a X-changer V.2.5, I installed X2.5035 Bios

Now I need "A Method of Transferring Files to the XBox"

I'm not able to use FTP!

I have a router, Hub, Macintosh and Xbox. If I use a static IP on the xbox and i PING it I have not answare. If I push "connect" on the Xbox it try to join Livebox (but it cant) and the Ping results!

When Ping is ok I try to FTP but I have no response! I have used xbox/xbox.

A Step back. I have a 512k bios, X2. The interface is like original Xbox interface (but i have the X logo on the spalsh screen). It is right ? Or I have to install a new dashboard ?

Thanks thanks thanks who try to help me!
FTP wont work, you need to replace the Operating system 1st, there's loads of guides over at XBOX-Scene.com on how to do this, including pre-built disc's ( if you have a modchip ) that will install everthing for you

Try googling "slayers xbox"
Thanks Renz0r!

This site is very cool! It is a real mine! But I'm too real, I'm real n00b!

I'm just starting with xbox whit Mod with Bios and XBMC. Now I'm little confused... there are also new words to learn...so many link so many things to do! So i need more simple and less geneneral suggestions...

I'have a mod Xbox ( I made it myself! Wow!) with x-changer v.2.5, I have 2 BIOS BANK, and I put X2 5.x.

I need something to do FTP (and to put XBMC), I need a "DASHBOARD" right ? HOW is the best one to do what I need (whit my configuration)? Where I can find it ? This is the next step I need to do...

Thanks to give me the right words "slayers"!! It is important! But I'm not able to find the..right torrent...

ADD - I have find AID. It seem to be very COOL! I'm downloading it... c u later
Big Grin 
I did it myself. Big Grin

I write here so to help someone in my same situation.

The real noob steps

1) Mod the xbox ( I used x-changer 2.5 chip)
2) Put a bios on your chip (I use X2 on the bank B)
3) Download AID4.30 (Automatic Intsall Delux) It are a very very nice tools.
4) Read the manual and burn the DVD (not CD, DVD)
5) If you need a new HD put it (just boxed) into your xbox, put the DVD and restart it from BIOS on bank B. It will formatt the new HD
6) You will be able to install XBCM from the DVD.
7) Enjoy it! Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] A N00b say: Where is the start ?0