xbmc starts behind the taskbar
smcnally75 Wrote:I'm having this issue and it's driving me insane. I've tried using Startup Delayer but it doesn't give you the option to start in full screen mode. The "Maximized" mode launches it but it doesn't look right. I also tried manually typing in the normal startup shortcut "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"-fs and Startup Delayer gives an error saying the file doesn't exist.

You should also be able to set full screen without the -fs command line option:

1. Settings->Appearance->Screen->Resolution & change to option that says 1280x720 @ 60hz (Full Screen)
[It might be different resolution depending on your monitor/tv. Just pic the one that matches the full screen native resolution of your display & be sure to test it with the Test Resolution option.]

2. Create advancedsettings.xml file in userdata with <advancedsettings><fullscreen>true</fullscreen></advancedsettings>
[I put the <advancedsettings></advancedsettings> wrapped around it because I wasted hours before I realized that was needed as most examples do not show that such as http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win..._screen.3F ]

Either one works for me.
Bill
Bill48105 Wrote:You should also be able to set full screen without the -fs command line option:

1. Settings->Appearance->Screen->Resolution & change to option that says 1280x720 @ 60hz (Full Screen)
[It might be different resolution depending on your monitor/tv. Just pic the one that matches the full screen native resolution of your display & be sure to test it with the Test Resolution option.]

2. Create advancedsettings.xml file in userdata with <advancedsettings><fullscreen>true</fullscreen></advancedsettings>
[I put the <advancedsettings></advancedsettings> wrapped around it because I wasted hours before I realized that was needed as most examples do not show that such as http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win..._screen.3F ]

Either one works for me.
Bill
Thanks! I've give that a try tonight!
Ahhhh...I just notice the parameters section to put the -fs in Big Grin That, and unchecking the option to force the task bar in front of applications sorted it all out.
I get this with Windows 7 when start playing a movie, it's all fine up until I press play then it changes the frame rate to match and the taskbar pops up in front and my remote will not work until I click on xbmc with a mouse.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc starts behind the taskbar0