How? Hdd install
Hi, how can i install xbmc 8.10 to hdd?
burn iso to cd and boot htpc from the same cd, then when prompted choose (0) install to usb/hdd.
paalfe Wrote:burn iso to cd and boot htpc from the same cd, then when prompted choose (0) install to usb/hdd.

When you try this, it says it's going to wipe out everything on the hard drive does this actually happen? I have alot of stuff saved on the drive

I would like to dual boot this on a CW-3000 Linux Media Centre, I found XBMC much more pleasant to work with. But until XBMC works with gets FTA satellite I still want to keep the OEM's Software to watch TV.

Oh Yeah the CW-LMC runs a modified version of Gentoo Linux
Yes, XBMC Live install to HDD will wipe out your entire drive!
so i just installed xbmc live to a 160gb hdd. i then plugged it into another computer to throw some music and movies on it and is says it is full and only shows it as 2gb. a while back i threw xbmc on a jump drive to try it out, when i installed it that time i remember it asking something about dedicated disk space or something like that, when i installed on the hdd, no such option came up. probably missin somethin obvious as i am very new to this, but any help would be great
ok, so the answer is partition magic, or any such program. there turns out to be a partion that takes up the rest of the drive and is in some linux format. i simply reformated that partition to fat32, has to be fat32 for xbmc to recognize it. everything still ran perfectly and i was able to throw all my movies and music on it and load them in xbmc. just for anyone who may be havin the same issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How? Hdd install0