No sound since format..
last week i upgraded to a new motherboard/processer. so I donated my old one to the new media pc, (m2n-e sli) but since I have formatted installed drives and installed xbmc i have no sound. Not sure if its xbmc related (doubt it but who knows)

Worked fine when it was in the old tower. I even tried drivers from original cd and from the asus website.. anyone have and ideas?
You need to install drivers for your sound card. Download them from your motherboard manufacturer's website or use the utility cd that came with the motherboard
Tried both still no sound cd and new versions from asus website, also trired searching for a setting in bios that may have it disabled but didnt see anything.

. What are the chances of the ports dieing? Kind of weird scenario, random side note, the mb is not mounted ina case yet, was just on my desk with ps plugged in ect.. not sure if that would affect it in any way though.. shouldn't.

the back up plan is buying a sound card, but the mb has 5.1 out which would be nice to save some $$ for now..
i am not sure how to do this in XP, but in vista you have to set your default sound device to the 'digital output' option

on my system its called 'Realtek Digital Output' - perhaps if your mobo features a realtek chipset it will be the same device

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound since format..0