Video stuttering - advise me on spec?
Good evening,

I have just setup a small low-powered computer with the latest XBMC 8.10 for Windows (XP) and it is fantastic!

I just love the features like IMDB scraper and it looks amazing. Fantastic work guys, this is exactly what I was looking for!

I'm running it @ 1366x768 on a 720p television through VGA and when playing videos it stutters a bit. I'm not playing any large files as such. (xh264 I think? not 720p anyway).

I know it's quite a low powered PC but I wondered what part is actually letting it down. If it's something like cpu or graphics card I will prob have to upgrade the whole lot as the board won't accept many more upgrades. Here's the spec:

Celeron 2.0Ghz
1.25GB Ram
ATI Radeon 9250 128mb

The CPU usage is around 50-65% when playing movies and memory usage is very low. I'm guessing it's either the CPU or Graphics that's letting it down. If that's the case, what's the minimum that's recommended? Is there a recommended spec for the whole computer?

Thanks in advance Big Grin

Edit: Alternatively if an Xbox runs this much better than a windows PC am I better off just getting one? (Thinking of budget here).
If you haven't already, you could try TinyXP. Its a cut down version of XP and has a lot of the unneeded services removed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stuttering - advise me on spec?0