Screen aspect ratio not right
Hey man,

Cool skin, big fan of some of the styles (like a very decent implementation of Cover Flow...)

Here's the thing, my TV is a 720p TV but restricted to 1024x768. XBMC has thus far handled this type of TV just fine, Aeon as an example is still smart enough to properly show 16:9 aspect ratio, simply leaving it to the TV to render. Everything look as it should.

When I load up Mediastream though, it's like it's picking up the 1024x768 and assuming it should be 4:3 and stretching everything wider than it should be.

Is there any way I can fix this? It's the only skin that seems to do it, PM3, Aeon, etc.. all seem fine. The only one that is acting weird is Mediastream.

Thanks in advance!
Mine does the same when I carry the xbox to my friends house. Like it knows her TV is 14:9 aspect ratio, so it reverts to 4:3 ratio automaticallyto "fit" better.
I had this problem on my old plasma, it's because 1024x768 is in fact a 4:3 resolution but the pixels are rectangular (1:33) instead of square (1:1). The solution with MediaStream is to simply delete the PAL folder so it uses the 720p one instead.
Hitcher Wrote:The solution with MediaStream is to simply delete the PAL folder so it uses the 720p one instead.

Boom. Fixed.

Thanks man!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen aspect ratio not right0