XBMC Live Performance issues
So i have a 3 Ghz dualcore system on a XFX 630i board running a Geforce 6200 and 2 gigs of ram

The higher end 1080p movies stutter for some reason ... (10GB+ 1080p like the dark.knight.cineflix 1080p 11gb etc)

They work fine under vista @ FFDSHOW but under xbmc live they stutter ...

Anyone know what could be the bottleneck here .. im sure the proc power is enuff since the cpu usage is at 70-75%

I tried changing the shader and vsync with no results
I'm not sure where XBMC Live is compared to the straight linux port, but I have a similar board and processor to you. Only difference is I use onboard GeForce7150.
I had similar problems until the -fs (launch in full screen) flag was re-introduced.
If I launched xbmc with the resolution (under settings) set to fullscreen it was no good. If I launched it in Auto (windowed) and toggled fullscreen with the \ key, it worked fine.
Now launching using the -fs flag works great.
There was some issues with the software upconverting a while back also, so maybe try disabling that as well.
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
I will try

Oh and im using the 7100 onboard too .. 6200 is not the one .. my bad
3Ghz dual core Intel or AMD?

Supposedly the 7100 isn't really fast enough to handle anything coming close to 1080P... over in the XBMC linux forum people are suggesting at least 8 or 9 series cards in addition to Core 2 Duo 3Ghz+ to get full 1080p running the killa.sample with no stuttering.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34235

It's like 15 pages of people talking about what works, and what doesn't work... some people have different results on the same rig just between Live/Linux/Win

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Performance issues0