Weather Idea
OK I think this would be a nice feature. is there a way to put more information on the screen when you highlight the weather selection. It would be very nice to get a detailed overview of todays, tonight... weather just by highlighting it. And then when you click on it you get the forecast.

I know that you can have weather on the home page but I am talking change the background image to snow on a snow day or sun on a sunny day... and maybe when you move over the weather section it adds details to the background that are not in the little box in the corner.

Just an idea that I think would be nice.

Have a Great day and Happy Thanksgiving all. Thanks for all the great work done on this skin.

SoBBie
I agree, that could be a nice feature... Also it could be interesting to show a different scene based on the hour, for example a night scene after the sunset, a evening scene, etc..

regards,
Someone made a request like this in the fan art and background section
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40709
Thumbs Down 
That request is slightly different from this idea. What it's being requested here is a picture for each weather condition (only the main ones) and/or time of the day... not for each country or city.

regards,
It is pretty much the same thing......That thread has progressed from just "Weather FanArt" to more of a whole new way to get weather. FanArt, multi-condition......day or night really doesn't come into play. We can look out the window ( or a clock) to know if the sun is out. LOL
ultimately what you are asking for is conditional backgrounds based on the current conditions
theoretically this can be done a few ways...
1) setting specific folders based on the condition type: Cloudy, Raining, Overcast, etc
2) setting one weather folder and using file names: cloudy-pic1.jpg, rain-pic1.jpg, etc

BUT I think the hitch here is that the system would need to scrape the text to determine the condition to set.

... SO ultimately this is a XBMC feature request, not a skin request.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
fourtwentysmilz, you seem really negative.

i think you don't fully understand the reaoning behind the new infolabel.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195..

I was not trying to be negative. I was having a since of humor......hince the big "LOL" I added in there. I WAS negative in the "Weather FanArt" thread.......but apologized, and started offering help on looking for images.

If you want, I'll just keep up with my thread on FanArt and help with that....and keep away from everything else.
Well I was not sure where to request this and if this is a skin or xbmc request. I also did not think to look in fanart / backgrounds... figured that was for tv/movie backgrounds and fanart...

I am glad to here that others have requested the same. I think it would be a great feature. I have a cell phone with a mod from xda-developers that change the background per the weather. I also thought it might be a skin thinng since each skin has some of its own features. Like this one has a way to choose movies by Genre or TV Episodes... but I have been unable to find that in PMIII or the HD version.

Anyway, As I said I am glad to see people interested in this feature. I think it would be a great addition to either xbmc or any of the skins.

Regards,
SoBBie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Idea0