TV Shows with multiple languages
Hi

I am currently using Atlantis 8.10 on my xbox and I use the library function a lot.

Also for my TV shows. I have a few shows that I keep in multiple languages (german and english), but when i scrape them into my library, they show up as one entry, i.e. I get "pushing daisies", which brings me to the season selection, when I select season 1 i see each episode twice, one with the german title, one with the english title.

Would it be feasible that, if a TV show is scrapped twice with the same name but in different languages, to show a language selection after selecting the show?

something like this:

Code:
Pushing Daisies
     |---german
     |         |---Season 1
     |         |         |---01. Die Gabe
     |         |---Season 2
     |---english
     |         |---Season 1
     |         |---Season 2
do i get you right here:

you have the same show twice - one in german, one in english?

that's a huge waste of space, my friend Wink

try to get familiar with virtualdub/nandub, extract the audio from your english encodes and add them as a secondary audio stream to your german episodes. the xbmc video player then lets you choose between the two audio contents while playing (using the audio configuration button) Wink

so finally then you need only one scrape - with german infos in it.
Hey everyone,

even if the original posting is quite old, it's the perfekt spot for me.

I do have the exakt same demand. Has this been resolved yet? I have to agree with the idea above this post, one file would be nice but the efford is just unbarable!
Hi,
again digging up the old thread.

I see that a single file with multiple audio streams is better in terms of storage.
But I would nonetheless like to have the option to keep multiple files, as I have series where I want an english as well as a german plot.
Besides, like GreyHound said, manually merging tens or hundreds of episodes would be a real pain.

Pezo
I also have the same question - but with a twist. In my case, the different languages must be in different files. This is because the two are edited differently, so there are actual differences in the episode beyond the language change (which is the main reason for having both versions in my case). Specifically, I'm looking at Space Battleship Yamato, which was the original Japanese series that was eventually reworked into StarBlazers.
Suggestion:
Regarding the German version, edit tvshow.nfo (you should have already scrapped it so that it is created) and amend the <title> tag to <title>Pushing Daisies DE</title>
Do the same with the English version, <title>Pushing Daisies EN</title>
Update Kodi Library
Now you should have two different tv shows, one for each language

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows with multiple languages0