Audio speed
schmoko Wrote:after removing pulse audio, change Audio Output Device to "plug:iec958" and leave Passthough Output Device to "iec958". This will fix the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried, but could not get any sound at all (either via HDMI or spdf cable) when I set audio output to "plug:iec958". However, the video did seem to play at the correct speed!
Topfs2 Wrote:Its locked to 48000 which the video you are trying to play arent. This is the cause for chipmunk. audio in 44100 is played in 48000

Is this due to design of the video player? I have these speed issues as well since I am using iec958 as the output. I am doing this since I want bit-perfect playback of my music and playing music at 44.1kHz works perfectly (I even see my receiver acknowledging the stream at 44.1kHz).

I am also using passthrough.
phunqe Wrote:Is this due to design of the video player? I have these speed issues as well since I am using iec958 as the output. I am doing this since I want bit-perfect playback of my music and playing music at 44.1kHz works perfectly (I even see my receiver acknowledging the stream at 44.1kHz).

I am also using passthrough.

AFAIK its passthroughs fault, it only accept a certain samplerate and DVDPlayer (our video player) is using the videos audio samplerate, which can vary and be whatever the source says. The PAPlayer (our musicplayer) is resampling everything to 48000. The usual behaviour of the OS is to resample every audio that is passthrough to fit the samplerate, so it does the conversion from 22khz to 44.1khz incase its needed. XBMC does not leverage this currently. I have no clue why as Im not that good with ALSA. Although we are in the process of sketching out and designing so XBMC is able to do that conversion on both players if its needed.

This feature is hopefully available in 9.04

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio speed0