Should XBMC use system libraries when possible?
sure, i understand why us Linux lamers want to convert xbmc and why the xbmc guys are doing what they're doing. it isnt like you're doing it because you're lazy Smile.

i thought i'd start with something simple like curl, but that appears to not be wrapped. libid3tag seems to be modified for other reasons.

so i'm guessing these are source-level modifications to achieve the wrapped behavior ? something akin to s/open/xbmc_open/ ?

based on the thread it looks like this is largely filesystem functions that are being wrapped. i dont suppose you could highlight the dirs in the source tree where these wrapped functions are ?
it's more like compile time modifications. we generally don't touch the source unless we need to, and even then there's probably a better way that hasn't shown itself yet. i believe the wrapping functions are in xbmc/core/DllLoader/export
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The main ones on linux are the filesystem ones, yes. Look at xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/wrapper.c, and there's another similar (yet different) one specific to python (xbmc/lib/libPython/linux/wrapper_python.c)

On win32 we need to wrap other ones, and on xbox we need to wrap pretty much everything (no dll loader there) so don't get overwhelmed at the shear quantity of crap in DllLoader/export Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should XBMC use system libraries when possible?0