Jitter video when starts to play
I am having a weird situation with playing files with XBMC, evertime I start to play a file it lags the video on the begining, after few seconds the file plays normally. I know that is just few seconds of lagging but this is a little annoying.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Sorry for the poor english.

Thanks
Anyone?

Please?
I've experience jitter when I increased buffer size from 2000 to 3500 on files that are played from my hardrive, but i suspect that the jittering is becourse I have all my movies on a another harddrive and that is why i have Jitter in the beginning Xbmc is loading upp the buffer.

This is Not an answer but maybe if you decrease your buffer size it might work as you want.
how do you think people can answer this when you don't give any information about your system, you don't post a debug log etc. etc.
Sorry for that.

I am using vista x86, 2 GB Ram, 500 GB hard disk, the problem happens with the files on the network and local´s.

I´ll try to play with the size buffer.

Besides the lag on the start of each file it plays fine, it´s that this lag is a little annoying.

If someone has any idea I´ll appreciate any tips.

But thanks for the feedback anyway.
Still with the start Annoying lag.

Any tips?
I've actually had this problem since last summer. I always just assumed it was part of the process. Also, most of my videos are on two external hard drives, so I made a few assumptions.

I'm running a q6600, x86 Vista, 3 gig system. Aside from that little hitch at the beginning, everything runs great for me. m2ts files are fine. Killa only loses frames during the initial hitch, etc.
tomhanks, I suggest you read about posting bug reports: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi...Bug_Report
I´ll do that.
The only thing about the bug is that I am not sure if it is really a bug or is part of the process like natethomas said.

But thanks anyway for the feedback, I really appreciate.

And merry Christmas for all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jitter video when starts to play0