sub subtitles not seriously supported yet?
Sub subtitles seem to be completely erratic: timing is off the scale off and subtitles never disappear but get stacked on top of each other.

I've tried playing several movies with sub subtitles that work ok with VLC and with XBMC on XBOX. My sub subtitles get created by converting DVD using AutoGK.

There are 2 main reasons for ditching my popcornhour in favor of XBMC-windows: sub-support and resume. Resume works like a dream. On the downside IR remote control with my philips pronto is a real pain in the *** because of unwanted key repetition. But nobody seems to be able to say anything sensible about that I found out after seeing a question about it twice disappear into the great void
:confused2:
bump
so will sub subtitles be supported one day like with xbox-xbmc?
They're supported now, just broken. Someone will give them a look once ffmpeg has been updated there's no point before that's complete.

Might I suggest you learn a little patience and check the attitude at the door. Coming off as an ungrateful smart ass with a false sense of entitlement is really no way to get bugs fixed in an open source app.
I like sub to work too but it been broken for a while and there are numerous threads on it.. just be patient and eventually they get around to fix it ...

remember expect nothing when you get things for free.
If you dont like it dont use it.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what are "sub subtitles"?

I have some videos with subtitles integrated into the MKV container, they seem to work fine...so what exactly is broken?

Thanks.
cheetah05
I think by "Sub Subtitles" he means *.sub, another popular format is *.srt

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
no wonder you are confused, reason is he's not even able to convey what he means.

using some good will, i will have to guess we are talking about vobsubs here. not microdvd subtitles. in any case; experience surely shows that nobody will look at anything before you manage to atleast convey what you are on about

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sub subtitles not seriously supported yet?0