Problem streaming videos via SMB
Hi,

I browsed through the forum and couldn't find any related posts. Basically I'm having trouble playing files through an SMB share on my Windows machine. I played about 4 or 5 files just fine, and then I tried to play 2 more and neither worked (it doesn't look like it's doing anything). I then tried to watch a movie and that didn't work either. Thought maybe it was a codec issued.. Upon copying the files onto the ATV they play fine.

Is there any reason this may be? There must be something I can do to get this to work, as it obviously has no problem playing the file, and doesn't appear to be a sharing problem because I can still play those original files just fine.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Welcome to the forums!

Please pastebin a debug log replicating the problem.
althekiller Wrote:Welcome to the forums!

Please pastebin a debug log replicating the problem.

Thank you Smile

Here is the pastebin.. http://pastebin.ca/1281148

Looks as though it is getting a permission denied on it, but odd that another file contained in the same share works fine.

I'm also experiencing another problem now though.. I calibrate my screen but it seems to forget each time I open XBMC. Just a bit frustrating.
Ya, that's a bug in the latest XBMC. They say they will fix it 'soon'... On mine, I'd like it to remember, but it's just a bit wide, so i don't even worry about it.
How many files do you have in the same directory? Try moving out some of them to a different directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem streaming videos via SMB0