TV Content Problem
Ive browse the forums, and read all the documentation, but i seem to have gotten to the point where i cant figure it out.

im trying to get my tv shows to scan, so it fills in all episode information and what not.

i know if your tv show structure isnt normal, it wont scan it properly, and you need to add in something into advancedsettings.xml (userdata)

my structure is

Tv Shows\Seinfield\Season 01\Seinfeld - Episode 01

or

Tv Shows\The Simpsons\Season 20\The Simpsons Epidsode 03

etc etc

ive tried

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

and another one i found on the board, which seemed to be similar to my structure, but neither worked, after a reboot of xbmc.

im assuming ive got the wrong regexp, cause honestly, ive read, and reread the tutorial, and i cant get my head around it.

any help would be greatly appreciated, and keep up the good work. thanks guys.
anyone at all? help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

Please wait 24 hours before bumping your thread, as this is an international forum, so it gives everyone a chance to read it.

That regexp won't match your shows - it'll only match "Season <number>/<number>". You want "Season <number>/blahblahblah - Episode <number>" to be matched. Take a look at one of the many online regexp tutorial sites, and see if you can get more of an understanding of how they work.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

cool, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i'll keep looking around.
ive looked into it, and i assume you need like, a skip word bit in the code, to go from season, to episode, and by-pass all the info in between.

thing is, some tv shows, have, 2 or 3 different words in there title.

so doing a simple skip word bit in the code, wouldnt work would it?

is there something im missing here. surely it cant be this hard, but i could also be a moron.

ive tried to use some regexp online testers, but i must be doing it wrong, cause nothing is happening.
would it be something like this?

season([0-9]+)[\\/]episode([0-9]+)[^\\/]*
wait, would it be this?

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/][^\\/]([0-9]+)*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
can no one help with this at all? or is it bound to go into the forum void?

ive tried to do it, but im definately missing something.
probably not reading the wiki.

obvious errors;
1) no advancedsettings tag
2) regular expressions are case sensitive and all file names are lowercase before evaluation.
(possibly 3)) that syntax would kill ALL other expressions as is also detailed in the wiki

finally;

season ([0-9]+)[\\/].*?episode ([0-9]+)[^\\/]*

or, as i always do when i do regexp'd, spelled out:

'my pattern consists of the word season followed by a space and then the season number,which we want to grab. followed by a slash, then any number of characters, then the word episode followed by a space, then the episode number, which we want to grab, finally followed by any number of characters that is not a slash or a backslash'. maybe not the most elegant sentence but speaking expressions out loud like that makes them silly simple to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Content Problem0