deleting files using xbmc
i have a mounted AFP share from my iMac on my appletv to my EyeTV directories, and i would like to be able to delete these files from within the XBMC interface once watched.

the "allow file renaming and deletion" option is selected in the interface, but deleting has no effect.

"everyone" has read & write permissions on the share on the imac, atleast until i get this running/working - i have also created an xbmc user on the imac that will would preferably have these rights, and not everyone.

i run the mount_afp command in sudo, as i get permission denied errors (if i try as frontrow) and when i long-list the files, the permissions of all mounted shares is: -r--r--r-- 1 root frontrow

if i try to remove the file at the command line (as frontrow), i get a permission denied too. this is why i am assuming i cannot delete from inside xbmc.

so what is my fix? i have been looking at setuid bits, etc. but should this be applied to the mount_afp binary, or the file directory of the share? presumably, if its on the mount_afp, i will no longer require to sudo the mount commands?

regards

jingo_man
jingo_man Wrote:i have a mounted AFP share from my iMac on my appletv to my EyeTV directories, and i would like to be able to delete these files from within the XBMC interface once watched.

the "allow file renaming and deletion" option is selected in the interface, but deleting has no effect.

"everyone" has read & write permissions on the share on the imac, atleast until i get this running/working - i have also created an xbmc user on the imac that will would preferably have these rights, and not everyone.

i run the mount_afp command in sudo, as i get permission denied errors (if i try as frontrow) and when i long-list the files, the permissions of all mounted shares is: -r--r--r-- 1 root frontrow

if i try to remove the file at the command line (as frontrow), i get a permission denied too. this is why i am assuming i cannot delete from inside xbmc.

so what is my fix? i have been looking at setuid bits, etc. but should this be applied to the mount_afp binary, or the file directory of the share? presumably, if its on the mount_afp, i will no longer require to sudo the mount commands?

regards

jingo_man

I sometimes have the same problem on my xbox and pc I may be wrong but i think it may be because it's either using those files or has recently used them,
a reeboot normally then let's me delete my files.Huh
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
i have never been able to delete files through the interface, having tried numerous times. this is my first real foray into understanding why it occurs, and the most obvious thing to start with are the OS filesystem permissions (particularly on a POSIX filesystem OS)

on a windows platform, it relates to NTFS & SMB share permissions, which i have much greater experience and knowledge.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
deleting files using xbmc0