Seperate Defaults for TV Shows and Movies
Star 
This feature request relates to the feature which allows users to set the defaults for videos (such as aspect ratio and zoom)

In my experiance, I have always been annoyed that I am unable to set all my TV Shows to stretch (for cartoons / none widescreen shows). All 720p / 1080p TV shows are in full screen and therefore do not strech with a nasty aspect ratio.
The drawback to this is that when you play movies, they are also streched. Streched anamorphic looks terrible, and means that everytime i play a movie, I have to change the zoom settings.

My suggestion is that we hold two different groups of settings.

TV Shows
Movies
iBeech Wrote:This feature request relates to the feature which allows users to set the defaults for videos (such as aspect ratio and zoom)

In my experiance, I have always been annoyed that I am unable to set all my TV Shows to stretch (for cartoons / none widescreen shows). All 720p / 1080p TV shows are in full screen and therefore do not strech with a nasty aspect ratio.
The drawback to this is that when you play movies, they are also streched. Streched anamorphic looks terrible, and means that everytime i play a movie, I have to change the zoom settings.

My suggestion is that we hold two different groups of settings.

TV Shows
Movies

There are several benefits to having fully separated video area's (TV Shows, Movies, etc)

1) Your suggestion
2) Ability to specify specific sources for each one (doable, kinda, by editing the skin xml's)
3) Ability to add custom video area's with separate passwords / profile access. (might already be doable, i have no need so I never tested)
4) Separate places to store / lookup thumbnails. (really only useful for those who dislike the library and have poorly organized collections)

It was suggested a long time ago to fully split them... I forget what the reason was for not doing it. But i think there was a valid reason....
No, we will not have separate settings for separate folders. That's ridiculous for most users. Why should where the video file lies dictate what options it should use. Instead, the framesize of the video should dictate what aspect ratio it's displayed in, if anything.

Most users don't change the aspect ratio at all. It doesn't take much to hit Z to zoom to whatever mode you want to do (and the setting is saved for next time you play it).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:No, we will not have separate settings for separate folders. That's ridiculous for most users. Why should where the video file lies dictate what options it should use. Instead, the framesize of the video should dictate what aspect ratio it's displayed in, if anything.

Most users don't change the aspect ratio at all. It doesn't take much to hit Z to zoom to whatever mode you want to do (and the setting is saved for next time you play it).

My suggestion wasnt to have sepearte settings for separate folders.

I'm talking about two distinct set of settings.

One set for sources which have had their content type set to Movies.
One set for sources which have had their content type set to TV Shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seperate Defaults for TV Shows and Movies0