(Request) VLC Streaming Plugin
I've just sat in front of the TV watching West Ham get beat again - that in itself is annoying however just as annoying is the poor quality of the stream. I've been using the likes of TVAnts and Sopcast on my PC running through VLC and outputting a stream, I've then used URL Paster (script) to pick up that stream from my PC to Xbox. So VLC is creating a stream at http://192.168.2.3:8080 and then the xbox is just picking that stream up. All fairly simple stuff however I'd like to know if it's possible to make a plugin that can pick the stream up from my PC in a better quality. VLC Player can output the stream as Divx/MP4 but the best I can get to stream to the xbox is WMV2, if I try any better the xbox doesn't accept it. I've used plenty of the great plugins for movies and TV shows and the quality is great so if the PC is doing all the hard work I would have thought it shouldn't be a problem for the xbox to show the stream. I'm not very good at all this technical stuff so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Also for some reason when I try to create a stream from Sopcast through VLC player it doesn't seem to work anymore - any ideas anyone? The other P2P software seems to work, only Sopcast I'm having issues with at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Try this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42074
Thanks for the link, yeah a script for the mms streams would be good - did you ever get time to do one? If you haven't not to worry I know you've got a big project on your hands at the moment!

Also, can you tell me if would actually be possible to stream something like MP4 from the PC to xbox? If there is a way which just needs a little code to help it out I might try and have a look at your tutorial over the Christmas period.

Cheers
Go to the paul sobek website and use his streamer to xbmc script.

No i haven`t plugged the site yet brother, but i will do shortly.
Blimey you've been busy this morning!

Just been trying out your brand spanking new plugin which is looking great, previous to that I was trying the "drag and drop XBMC" application from Pauls site. So far I've not had a lot of luck with that, installed some Java stuff to get it working and it will stream an MP4 file to the xbox BUT it has to be a whole file. Ideally I want to watch "live" streams, I tried to get VLC to save the stream as an MP4 but xbmc will not stream it until it has finished saving (so I'd have to watch the programme afer it's finished). I also thought if I can just stream it to my computers ip (http:192.168.2.3:8080) then I would be able to stick that in pauls application but nothing happens. I may just not be using it correctly so any advice out there would be much appreciated.

Right, back to that plugin of yours now - doesn't look like I'll be getting my kitchen finished today afterall then... the wife will be pleased when she gets back from work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Request) VLC Streaming Plugin0