[OSX] Atlantis 8.10 bf1 released
dan1son Wrote:I'll drop it on my webserver... Easier than copy paste from the AppleTV.

http://www.dan1son.net/CrashReporter.log

Thanks for taking a look.

pretty consistent

Quote:Thread 6 Crashed:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90025e45 flockfile + 21
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90015d55 fseek + 70
2 vorbisfile-osx.so 0x0c526b5f _ov_open1 + 79
3 vorbisfile-osx.so 0x0c526e5d ov_open + 93
4 com.teamxbmc.xbmc 0x00599849 MUSIC_INFO::COggTag::GetStreamCount(CStdStr<char> const&) + 121

Back tracking vorbisfile-osx.so in trac show it was checked in 12 months ago and has not been re-built since. I'll check into this as this is not correct and needs to be fixed and the configure/build added to svn. I also think it might not be wrapped which is why it's barfing on smb/nfs. I bet it works for a local file.

Thanks for finding this. Since it's a .so, once the this is fixed you will just to replace the existing vorbisfile-osx.so with the fixed version.
I believe this was a problem on linux as well, and yes, it was caused by it not being wrapped Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

davilla Wrote:Back tracking vorbisfile-osx.so in trac show it was checked in 12 months ago and has not been re-built since. I'll check into this as this is not correct and needs to be fixed and the configure/build added to svn. I also think it might not be wrapped which is why it's barfing on smb/nfs. I bet it works for a local file.

Thanks for finding this. Since it's a .so, once the this is fixed you will just to replace the existing vorbisfile-osx.so with the fixed version.

Sounds good, let me know when you build a new one and I'll throw it on and check it against my library for further verification...

Thanks again,
Dan
Any further information on a new vorbisfile-osx.so lib? Still can't scan my music in XBMC...

Thanks again davilla.
Sorry to keep bothering but, any devs able to build/wrap a new build of this library file? Can't use XBMC for music right now. Even Boxee has broken Ogg support in the newest build (not sure if it's related).
dan1son Wrote:Sorry to keep bothering but, any devs able to build/wrap a new build of this library file? Can't use XBMC for music right now. Even Boxee has broken Ogg support in the newest build (not sure if it's related).

working on it along with the billion other things that users have asked for. It's in the queue.
davilla Wrote:working on it along with the billion other things that users have asked for. It's in the queue.

I definitely understand. For kicks I just pulled the library from boxee.app and replaced the existing one in xbmc.app and it seems to work. Still scanning my library, but the oggs it's scanned so far seem to play fine. Not sure why I didn't think of doing this sooner. Probably the broken ogg support in the new Boxee build was enough... had no playback at all on ATV for oggs.

I'll leave you alone for the time being Big Grin.

Thanks again
Is there a way for me to go back to Atlantis from bf1? As it is right now I can't use for much. Since upgrading buffering takes allot longer, and AC3 passthrough is broken.
Never mind. It turned out to be a faulty optical cable.
Quote:Back tracking vorbisfile-osx.so in trac show it was checked in 12 months ago and has not been re-built since. I'll check into this as this is not correct and needs to be fixed and the configure/build added to svn. I also think it might not be wrapped which is why it's barfing on smb/nfs. I bet it works for a local file.

On my AppleTV, XBMC crashed when adding ogg files from the local filesystem to my Library (Well, they're on an external USB disk actually). In fact, even drilling down into a directory containing ogg files seemed to make it cash.

Quote:For kicks I just pulled the library from boxee.app and replaced the existing one in xbmc.app and it seems to work. Still scanning my library, but the oggs it's scanned so far seem to play fine.

I also tried copying system/players/paplayer/vorbisfile-osx.so from Boxee to XBMC this and it appears to have helped XBMC not crash when indexing or viewing my ogg files, however they still don't play. They appear in the list but clicking on them nothing happens.

dan1son - did you have to copy any other files to make this work? Did you copy it from a version of Boxee that wasn't the latest?
That's the only file I copied, and I copied it from boxee 0.9.7.4825 to XBMC 8.10 (bf1), both of the latest versions.

The current version of boxee won't play my oggs without crashing, but XBMC with the boxee vorbis library can play them.

Not sure what else to tell you... does your crashlog look like mine that was posted above?
dan1son Wrote:That's the only file I copied, and I copied it from boxee 0.9.7.4825 to XBMC 8.10 (bf1), both of the latest versions.

The current version of boxee won't play my oggs without crashing, but XBMC with the boxee vorbis library can play them.

Not sure what else to tell you... does your crashlog look like mine that was posted above?

My crash logs look pretty similar to yours. I think this is the problem thread:

Code:
Thread 6 Crashed:
0   libSystem.B.dylib                   0x90025e45 flockfile + 21
1   libSystem.B.dylib                   0x90015d55 fseek + 70
2   vorbisfile-osx.so                   0x0aeb0b5f _ov_open1 + 79
3   vorbisfile-osx.so                   0x0aeb0e5d ov_open + 93
4   com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00599849 MUSIC_INFO::COggTag::GetStreamCount(CStdStr<char> const&) + 121
5   com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00293c7c DIRECTORY::COGGFileDirectory::GetTrackCount(CStdStr<char> const&) + 44
6   com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x007eeb68 DIRECTORY::CMusicFileDirectory::ContainsFiles(CStdStr<char> const&) + 24
7   com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00252a07 DIRECTORY::CFactoryFileDirectory::Create(CStdStr<char> const&, CFileItem*, CStdStr<char> const&) + 2295
8   com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x0024371d DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory(CStdStr<char> const&, CFileItemList&, CStdStr<char>, bool, bool, bool) + 605
9   com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00576e69 MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) + 153
10  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00577237 MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) + 1127
11  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00577237 MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) + 1127
12  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00577237 MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) + 1127
13  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00577237 MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) + 1127
14  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00577237 MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan(CStdStr<char> const&) + 1127
15  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00577b65 MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::Process() + 1349
16  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x006b872f CThread::staticThread(void*) + 79
17  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x0052e433 InternalThreadFunc(void*) + 131
18  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x0085cc2e SDL_RunThread + 57
19  com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x008a1c72 RunThread + 17
20  libSystem.B.dylib                   0x900243e7 _pthread_body + 84

Though I noticed the hex addresses in vorbisfile-osx.so different from your crash log to mine. Any chance you can double-check the file-sizes of the XBMC file you replaced and the Boxee file you replaced it with? Mine are below:

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  1347250 Jan 20 08:17 vorbisfile-osx.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  1347180 Dec 26 11:39 vorbisfile-osx.so.original_broken
File size looks correct. Here's the md5 checksum for kicks...

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  1347250 Jan 15 20:40 vorbisfile-osx.so

MD5 (vorbisfile-osx.so) = db2d619f806ab76aa2bb73555122f40f

I'll double check that playback works when I get home later. Although I'm about 99% sure that I've listened to oggs in XBMC since doing this replace.

Keep in mind my crash log was with the old version of the file. I don't have it hanging around anymore to check size on it... but that would be why the addresses are different if your crash is with the new file.
Thanks. Hash is the same, not sure what's going on - guess I can hold out till the next release...

My crash log was using the old file too. XBMC doesn't crash with the new file, just doesn't play ogg either (nothing happens when I click one).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OSX] Atlantis 8.10 bf1 released0