veeery very slow remote under xbmc...
Hey,

i used xbmc yeeears ago on the xbox and it's quite amazing how it has been developed... i was looking for a good Media Center for Linux.. xbmc is my choice.. so far so good it is all working except one damn annoying thing:

My remote doesn't work properly in xbmc. It es very slow and I have to press the buttons a few times until xbmc brings me a response. Not usable...

I'm using a Harmony525 as an Microsoft MCE Remote with a homebrew serial IR receiver. The remote works perfectly in all other Applitcations which are configured by a lircrc like Mythtv so it's not a hardware or lirc problem. XBMC has the remote in his lircmap by default so i didn't change anything. Are there options in xbmc to config the remote? At least like repeat delay and so on? Or is there a way to use a standard lircrc instead of the xbmx config?

Or better:
Do anybody know how to fix that problem? :-)

Thanks for your help!
Actually I have the same exact remote, and it _is_ slower than my proper philips MCE remote, but not by much, maybe 10-30% so I haven't bothered researching the cause of it yet.
My remote (Philips SRM 5100) is also slower than I expected but the annoying fact is that I have to double click every for it to work. Double click directories to enter, double click pause to pause etc....

I have done the search through documentation and conf files to see what is related to slowness plus double clickness. It seems that lirc controls everything and that xbmc just run off it (obviously with the exception about key mapping etc)
I think thats about right. Have you checked with irw what gets sent?

What exact device are you using in the harmony software? I put "1040" in as the product code. Says Microsoft Remote Control 1040 in Logitechs software.
About being slow - this is a known problem with Harmony remotes acting as a MCE remote. You can adjust it in Logitech software so it gets a bit better (but not as good as the MCE remote).
IIRC setting the delay to 0 in the harmony app is worse than whatever the min is (10ms?). Probably a bug on their end.
Quote:I think thats about right. Have you checked with irw what gets sent?

What exact device are you using in the harmony software? I put "1040" in as the product code. Says Microsoft Remote Control 1040 in Logitechs software.

Yes, I checked irw it works well, it shows me immediately the right key I pressed.

In the harmony software I used Microsoft Media Center PC manufacturer Mythtv. But the point is the remote works very well in all other Applications (mythty has a similar navigation and there no problems the speed ist ok and u have to press the buttons just one times) so it might be a little bit slower than a "real" MCE Remote like SpiffBB said but it works quite ok except in xbmc. So if it uses lirc what is the problem?

I just checked my mythtv lircrc and it uses "repeat=0" and "delay=0" for each button maybe that's the different. Is it possible to set these settings in xbmc? Maybe in general for all buttons? Or in lirc for XBMC in general?
ok, i tried to run the harmony as a SpeedLink6399 and as a Happauge.. just in case that it is caused by the harmony settings. But all the same in Mythtv & Co it works perfect in xbmc it's lousy.

I don't care if I have to change the source if it helps. Can anybody help me? Can I change the settings for delay and repeat in the Lirc.cpp or something like that? Or is it possible to rip out some code and use the lircd native with lircrc? I need some developers help :-D

I could live with the speed but that I have to press the buttons again and again .. nooooo even because I know it is possible...i just wanna the same result as in mythtv. I mean both uses lirc how is that possible?!
XenonTW Wrote:in xbmc it's lousy.

I can second ZenonTW on this. Response to remote is sporadically appalling. Slightly different symptoms. For 30 seconds or so, it will be fine, then it goes into slug mode. It 'feels' like a buffering problem to me, i.e xbmc is not processing the irc buffer quickly enough. However, it then seems to throw away the rest of the buffer once it has processed a couple of button clicks.

If it helps, tell me how (or link me) to create a debug dump and I'll post it.
System info: Asrock ION330HT-BD (Intel Atom 330 4 core i686) connected to Sony KDL-Z5800 TV using hdmi via Onkyo TX-SR507 AV Amp. [Old Config Ubuntu 12.04. (Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae ) XBMCBuntu (Eden 11.0 Git:unknown Compiled Mar 24 2012). OpenGL 3.3.0 NVIDIA 280.13] New Config unknown - no working XBMC at moment!
check so you have the keymaps in your profile not in xbmc's application folder.
blittan Wrote:check so you have the keymaps in your profile not in xbmc's application folder.

thanks blittan - xbmc noob here. what am I looking for and where?

cheers
System info: Asrock ION330HT-BD (Intel Atom 330 4 core i686) connected to Sony KDL-Z5800 TV using hdmi via Onkyo TX-SR507 AV Amp. [Old Config Ubuntu 12.04. (Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae ) XBMCBuntu (Eden 11.0 Git:unknown Compiled Mar 24 2012). OpenGL 3.3.0 NVIDIA 280.13] New Config unknown - no working XBMC at moment!
See this thread of 2010. It's 2015 now and I have a new Minix unit and love XBMC but same problem with sluggish remote, 2 presses needed, sporadically OK response but mostly not. So where do i look for the keymaps in xbmc's application folder and where do I move them ("keymaps in your profile")? Which files should I select and copy? Or move?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
veeery very slow remote under xbmc...0