Search in XBMC/onscreen keyboard problem.
Hey.

How to explain.... im running XBMC on a htpc where i only have a remote(which is essential pressing my keyboard via software). And when in the search windows with the onscreen keyboard. i would like to navigate the letters with keyboard arrows. but i cant?. shouldnt i just be able to press "Down" or something? and get down there, to navigate them..

I can navigate the onscreen keyboard with my remotes pad/mouse. but would be twice as fast to navigate them with key arrows..
How to explain...SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH READ READ READ...before you post. Why are the n00bs so damn lazy?!?!? Hell there is even a new sticky that states search before posting.
Well.. i have already searched alot. but i didnt find anything. i will try again.
Got a link?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...l+keyboard

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...l+keyboard

There are more as well. Next time try a little harder on the search.
Thanks
Think i tried to search for everything epcept "virtual" keyboard.

Hmm looks like i gotta do some workaround with IRSS..

will do some more reading.
Got it fixed. finally everything works with my remote. (imon pad. using imon software to push keyboard)

Just if anyone else should be looking for a solution to this.. then what you need to do is:

You need an svn revision equal or greater 16444

Make an advancedsettings.xml in. C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\ if you dont already have one.

And put
Code:
<advancedsettings>

<navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>

</advancedsettings>
inside.
(2009-01-09, 22:20)SlaveUnit Wrote: How to explain...SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH READ READ READ...before you post. Why are the n00bs so damn lazy?!?!? Hell there is even a new sticky that states search before posting.

great answer!

I have same issue... and the answer is n00b?
I get noob answer on every search.
well I will try to solve it other way since I dont even know what noob is.

@Mirkwood : thanks for sharing your solution. I have added the code to advancedsettings, will try immediately when TV is free of kids Smile

Simpler solution for those who'd rather not mess with advancedsettings.xml: System/Settings > System > Input devices > Remote control sends keyboard presses (enable this)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search in XBMC/onscreen keyboard problem.0