Music FanArt now added to XBMC SVN - Skinners please add support for it in your skins
Thumbs Up 
Looks like spiff has come through for us and made music fanart a reality Nod

Quote:added: ticket #4834 - Local Music Fanart. stick fanart.jpg in the artist folder. we assume some/path/artist/album/

Just thought I'd spread the word Smile
Yeehaa Nod
I have added music fanart to my skin and I am trying to put a delay on the fanart. That way when you are browsing artists the image will only change when you have hovered on an artist for a few moments. I think something like this is much easier on the eyes. Then once you are in the albums and songs for that artist the fanart is static.

This is what I am trying to use for the delayed fanart image for artists

Code:
<control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
                <visible>!IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image))</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400" delay="2000">Focus</animation>
        <texture>$INFO[listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
       </control>

Using this the fanart image does not delay it is just automatically there. If I replace the Focus with VisibleChange the delay works but once it has faded in it doesn't do it again. So if I hover on an artist in a few seconds the fanart will appear but then when I move to the next artist the fanart is already there.

Can anyone point out what I am missing here? Cheers.
Hmm, still can't get it to perform the way I am intending. Anyone have a suggestion?

Edit: Nevermind, got it sorted my self. Thanks Wink
Excellent, this is just what I was waiting for. I can not wait until HORIZONZ is updated to allow this!!

Neil
quick question, I am using PMIIIHD and notice that the artist fanart does not show when you get to the song level in an album. Can the fanart image be shown when playing a single song? i.e. I want it to show in the musicvisualization.xml window. I've had no luck so far, but I'm not a skilled skinner either....
iirc listitem.property will show the fanart on the actual artist. container.property will then show the fanart for all the items under that artists such as albums and songs.
that may be my problem...back to drawing board..err xml editor..
Rand Al Thor Wrote:iirc listitem.property will show the fanart on the actual artist. container.property will then show the fanart for all the items under that artists such as albums and songs.

Actually it appears that listitem.property will display fanart in albums and songs provided you go through artist first.

Going directly to the song or album doesn't seem to work with listitem or container.
so it's not just my lacki of skinning skills? It just not possible to be shown in the musicvisualization.xml?
correct its only possible in the file lists and the musicinfo dialog
Is that something that may change in the future as this was just recently introduced?
Wir3d Wrote:Actually it appears that listitem.property will display fanart in albums and songs provided you go through artist first.

Going directly to the song or album doesn't seem to work with listitem or container.

since more and more skins are based on showing fanart in the background in almost every view, it would be nice if fanart support for the album node (and possibly song node) could be added to xbmc.

or is there a specific reason why it's not available in those library nodes?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music FanArt now added to XBMC SVN - Skinners please add support for it in your skins0