• 6(current)
[REQUEST] MLB.TV (Live Major League Baseball Games) plugin? Maybe port/use mlbviewer?
Theoretically, if you have mplayer and a JRE that can run autobahn.jar, it should work, but I don't think anyone's tested it.
Please forgive my ignorance. I haven't been around much since XBMC went global (more platforms). Does this work with xbmc on an Xbox?
Why is there no [RELEASE] thread about this plugin? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Why is there no [RELEASE] thread about this plugin? Huh

Exactly!!! I dont know about you guys but boxee's new mlb.tv partnership and application is absolutely phenominal... I would suggest giving it a peak.
Is there a reason why this plugin is not in the official SVN? Thanks.
fantoma Wrote:Is there a reason why this plugin is not in the official SVN? Thanks.
Probably because no one has ever created a separate '[RELEASE]' thread for it so not that many people know that it is available Rolleyes

...also, the author just need to request write access to the SVN here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911

Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
dayglo Wrote:Exactly!!! I dont know about you guys but boxee's new mlb.tv partnership and application is absolutely phenominal... I would suggest giving it a peak.

Boxee uses flash. Flash looks awful in Linux. Even at its best, the Boxee feed doesn't even compare to the full 720p available through mlbviewer and this script.

As far as the [RELEASE] tag, if someone would just change the title of this thread, I'll change the first post.
theophile Wrote:As far as the [RELEASE] tag, if someone would just change the title of this thread, I'll change the first post.
Would it not be better to start a new thread? ...it is a bit confusing reading through it otherwise Huh
Gamester17 Wrote:Would it not be better to start a new thread? ...it is a bit confusing reading through it otherwise Huh

I agree
I have a working setup of mlbviewer, but when I try to use the xbmc plugin I have issues. It shows the schedule ok, but when i try to start a game it just says buffering for a minute or so, then when that finishes nothing happens. It just stays on the schedule, no video comes up. Any ideas?
jowilkin Wrote:I have a working setup of mlbviewer, but when I try to use the xbmc plugin I have issues. It shows the schedule ok, but when i try to start a game it just says buffering for a minute or so, then when that finishes nothing happens. It just stays on the schedule, no video comes up. Any ideas?

In your .mlb/config file, your video_player line needs to read:

Code:
video_player = mplayer %s

Also, for everyone else, I've noticed that the ffmpeg h264.c "patch" has been added to SVN. I don't know if this was due to an ffmpeg sync or the specific patch, and I also don't know what revision it showed up in, but going forward, the SVN branch no longer needs to be patched to play these streams.
I searched for this in the svn repo, but I did not see it. Any chance of it ever being on there?
Anyone interested in making a Windows version of the MLB.tv plugin?
korben Wrote:Anyone interested in making a Windows version of the MLB.tv plugin?

It should work fine in Windows. As long as you have a working mlbviewer installation, it should work.

That being said, I'm not sure the status of this script. The last time I tried it it was very rough, required a lot of fiddling, and in the end, it was easier for me to simply use mlbviewer from another tty and congifure mplayer to dump the video to a local directory for playback in XBMC.
theophile Wrote:It should work fine in Windows. As long as you have a working mlbviewer installation, it should work.

That being said, I'm not sure the status of this script. The last time I tried it it was very rough, required a lot of fiddling, and in the end, it was easier for me to simply use mlbviewer from another tty and congifure mplayer to dump the video to a local directory for playback in XBMC.

But the dump would only work for archived games, right?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] MLB.TV (Live Major League Baseball Games) plugin? Maybe port/use mlbviewer?1