RealNetworks RealVideo 10 (RV10) codec
Question 
if you still have problems with realnetworks realvideo 10 (rv10) or realaudio 10 in mplayer then hurry up and submit/link sample:
- realnetworks realvideo 10 (rv10) feature request/suggestion to mplayer-development (link)
- realnetworks realaudio 10 (raac/racp) feature request/suggestion to mplayer-development (link)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gamester17,

i have reopened the bug report on mplayer.hu:

http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/show_bug.cgi?id=194

the file i uploaded was not playable by xbmc, however, moritz bunkus had no problem playing the file? perhaps you could try the file on xbmc?

http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/attachment....ction=view

thanks!
why is that mplayer.hu (http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/show_bug.cgi?id=194) claims to be able to play realmedia file with raac codec but when i played it in xbmc, it just hanged with a black screen?
(solar @ nov. 21 2004,14:51 Wrote:i have tested with the experimental mplayer but it still give me problem. basically, the real video file just hang the moment the first frame appears. i'll then need to reboot my xbox manually. i have no problem with other real video file though .. looks like codec problem to me.
i get the same problem with some of my rmvb files.
it freezes on the first frame. :verysad:
i have the same problem with all rmvb files that are encoded in rv10. the xbox locks up after the first frame.
i did some more testing today. xbmc locks up only when playing some rmvb files. it has no problem playing rv10 example files from real.com.

when lock-up happens, the error message is:

error mplayer generated exception in decode_audio.

this could be a bug related to audio instread of decoding rv10 files.
fyi: the nola.com bourbocam (nola.com/bourbocam/classic) is encodeded in realvideo10, but plays in xbmc using realvideo9. sound seems out of sync, but video worked for hours yesterday.
--jaga
i did more testing and found out that no only rv10 but also rv9 rmvb files may lock up xbmc, even though those files play fine in realplayer. according to realnetworks, rv10 is transparent to rv9 players. the experiment confirmed that rv10 is recognized and played as realplay90 rv40 file in xbmc.

i tried to cut a small part out of a problematic rmvb file as a sample for others to test. however, the sample file plays fine in xbmc. then i tried to create a new rmvb file by cutting out the first 5 seconds of the original problematic file. again the new file plays fine in xbmc.

there may be some data in the problematic rmvb file that causes exceptions in mplayer and locks up xbmc, even though the data is fine for realplayer. a editing operation eliminates the troublesome data.

so before the issue is addressed in the mplayer or xbmc, an effective workaround is to edit the problematic rmvb file. (e.g. cut the first a few seconds out)
(erpi99 @ jan. 30 2005,18:23 Wrote:i did more testing and found out that no only rv10 but also rv9 rmvb files may lock up xbmc, even though those files play fine in realplayer. according to realnetworks, rv10 is transparent to rv9 players. the experiment confirmed that rv10 is recognized and played as realplay90 rv40 file in xbmc.

i tried to cut a small part out of a problematic rmvb file as a sample for others to test. however, the sample file plays fine in xbmc. then i tried to create a new rmvb file by cutting out the first 5 seconds of the original problematic file. again the new file plays fine in xbmc.

there may be some data in the problematic rmvb file that causes exceptions in mplayer and locks up xbmc, even though the data is fine for realplayer. a editing operation eliminates the troublesome data.

so before the issue is addressed in the mplayer or xbmc, an effective workaround is to edit the problematic rmvb file. (e.g. cut the first a few seconds out)
i think you're right.
what i do is as soon as i select the problematic file, i fast forward and then rewind to just before the begining of the file and i can watch it from there :thumbsup:

must be something wrong with the start of the file. that mplayer doesn't like.
i'm using xbmc 02/01/2005 i from memory and it plays my rv10/ac3 mkv files. i think playback quality is better using mplayer (windows) at this point though. i have seen some lockup sometimes.
Star 
apparently someone submitted a couple of patches to fix rv10, (note that they've not been tested nor implemented yet, you need to compile the source code yourself to add them):
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
need a sample that exhibit this problem so that i can verify if those patches indeed fix the problem.

(elupus @ feb. 24 2005,16:52 Wrote:need a sample that exhibit this problem so that i can verify if those patches indeed fix the problem.
the smallest problem file i have is around 200mb Huh
could you supply it for me? or cut it down to a smaller size an upload it to www.xboxmediacenter.com/upload

a cut down version of the file will not cause the lockup. the original version is required to demonstrate the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RealNetworks RealVideo 10 (RV10) codec0