Strange issue with music.
Here's the pastebin from the patched xbmc:

http://pastebin.ca/1307921

The time issue is still present and I did notice something in the log content.
XBMC is reporting the next song being played in the log when in actuality it was never started.
I don't know if that helps at all but I thought it warranted a mention.
Just to be sure
  • Only happens with pulse running
  • With all music?
  • Not with movies?
  • Context menu on music and select DVDPlayer will make music work?

Because Im unable to reproduce, but if it is only happening to certain files then providing a sample would be most helpfull.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:Just to be sure
  • Only happens with pulse running - correct
  • With all music? - correct
  • Not with movies? - correct
  • Context menu on music and select DVDPlayer will make music work? - playing music with dvdplayer works fine, so it's something that has changed in the paplayer since my last compile

Because Im unable to reproduce, but if it is only happening to certain files then providing a sample would be most helpfull.

I've played all of these files with the revision I listed before with no troubles.
Very odd indeed I was hoping I'd find that aleast a few other people were having this issue. >.<

Like I said before I'll just keep building from the svn and see what happens.
As a long time user of WINE and other constantly update projects I'm very comfortable with regressions, this one was just a little bizarre.

Is there currently a way to make dvdplayer default for audio? I can use this as a workaround for the time being,
if need be I can just select it from the context menu which I have mapped to a button on my remotes.
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Should make dvdplayer as default, http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

In anycase, Ill look through the revisions you supplied and try to narrow it down on the information you sent me, my guess is my latest commit were I added a pcmBuffer to make new paplayer work on win32 aswell, will check through my coding so its correct.

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thank you much for the tip. ^_^
I still havent been able to completely reproduce this but while fixing another thing in paplayer I stumpled upon a file that might have introduced this behaviour and fixed the issues with that one.
So please try out r17093 or any later

Cheers,
Tobias

I'm compiling 17113 right at this moment.
Hope I can inform you of good news. Smile
It does indeed seem to be fixed. Thanks for your continued assistance. =D
Glad to hear that it worked, if you get any more issues with paplayer (its currently going through alot of fixes to support multiple audio outputs, as pulseaudio) please post about them!

Cheers,
Tobias

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange issue with music.0