• 8(current)
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)
added on NASA Live TV in NASA Setion Big Grin

you need restart i think!
Hey randywaterhouse, here's the streams you are looking for... next time just ask for the stream links and someone will give them to you. Got these in Navi-X.

NASA Channel 1 - http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1368163
NASA Channel 2 - http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1369080

Have a good one!

iRoNBiLL
from my understanding someone said the plugin version of Navi-X was working on the ATV.But its not officially supported.But you need to ask or request this on
Official Navi-X Media Browser Support Thread if this works or be available in the future
Okay first off this script is wonderful I've been using since it first came out. Now can anyone help me with crackle, when I try to play a movie it goes all the way to processor processing and freezes there every time am I missing something. I have xbmc 9.04 on xbox and I am using version 2.8 of the script. thanx.
I figured it out nevermind thanx for all the hard work guys
I am using Navi-X Script Version 2.8 on an XBox with T3CH XBMC 2009-05-09 9.04-Babylon. I like to use the Shoutcast feature to listen to streaming radio. It seems like I have to click an item 2-3 times before it starts playing. A lot of times, the stream ends by freezing the whole system and I have to hard reboot. Is that just where we're at with 2.8?

I tried using the Navi-X Plugin and don't get very far...I get the typical Python Script Error (in default.py) once I click on something (such as a Shoutcast stream).

Please let me know what else I can provide....would love to have this script and/or plugin working "well." Wink
Hey atrac, this has to do with the many many quick and aggravating changes within XBMC. 5-9-2009 looks to be a nightly build, so who knows what changes have been made other than the changelog? Try using 9.04 FINAL released 5-5-2009 or the XBMC 9.04 RC1....it has been reported everything appears to be operating as normal as possible on these versions, with a few minor exceptions...

I can't tell you how much fun Team XBMC makes it for the support team when they push out something as ridiculous as a "nightly build". That's like saying, "Hey, come use my broken software so you can troubleshoot the hell out of it, just for today though...cause another nightly build is coming tomorrow morning".

I know someone will be offended by this but quite frankly, I don't care. I've tried being as nice and patient as possible but making nightly changes to the python API is too annoying for me to troubleshoot with people. Try the working versions listed above please. Hope this helps. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL
Is Solocky's videofriender not working anymore? it was working beautifully this past week, but as of yesterday I cannot get it to work. rather than pointing to the .avi files, it points to .html files. i'm using the xbox with the babylon t3ch build from 5-9-2009 and haven't changed anything from when it was working until now.
I'm thinking that the site may have changed or the scraper may need to be tweaked.
Thanks for this great script though. After getting my favorites in order, it has become a powerhouse.
atrac Wrote:I like to use the Shoutcast feature to listen to streaming radio. It seems like I have to click an item 2-3 times before it starts playing. A lot of times, the stream ends by freezing the whole system and I have to hard reboot.
I tried using the Navi-X Plugin and don't get very far...I get the typical Python Script Error (in default.py) once I click on something (such as a Shoutcast stream).

Please let me know what else I can provide....would love to have this script and/or plugin working "well." Wink
That you sometimes need to push 2 or 3 times to play a stream that is something to do with xbmc on xbox.So this can't be changed by Navi-X i am afraid.I don't know why exactly you need to restart xbox cause of freezing.Also if you find any bug on Navi-X. You will be better of posting it here go to Bug Reports>bug hunt. Or maybe you can find there also an answer.

The plugin is more like a beta version .I advise you for now to use the script this is far more stable.
iRoNBiLL Wrote:Hey atrac, this has to do with the many many quick and aggravating changes within XBMC. 5-9-2009 looks to be a nightly build, so who knows what changes have been made other than the changelog? Try using 9.04 FINAL released 5-5-2009 or the XBMC 9.04 RC1....it has been reported everything appears to be operating as normal as possible on these versions, with a few minor exceptions...

Sorry, that was my mistake. I didn't know I was using a nightly build. The t3ch download page is very confusing. They list T3CH XBMC 2009-05-09 9.04-Babylon as an XBMC "Stable" Build and XBMC 2009-05-01 SVN rev19856-9.04-RC1 as "Latest XBMC SVN build." To me, that doesn't make sense so I went for "stable" but apparently it's not? So weird!

iRoNBiLL Wrote:I can't tell you how much fun Team XBMC makes it for the support team when they push out something as ridiculous as a "nightly build". That's like saying, "Hey, come use my broken software so you can troubleshoot the hell out of it, just for today though...cause another nightly build is coming tomorrow morning".

I can certainly sympathize. As an "end user" it's frustrating just trying to find a build that everything "somewhat" works on. The only thing that really keeps me from "complaining" vs. "asking nicely" is that this is all free and it has transformed my archaic Xbox into something *very* cool and cutting edge -- when it's working correctly. My goal is to find a build that works "good enough" and allows me to do everything I want it to do (stream content downloaded to my computer -- which 100% always works and is 80% of what I do), listen to Shoutcast (which is working "ok,"), and stream internet content (NBC, Family Guy, etc. -- which is barely working "ok.") If Twit Live ever works I'll die a happy man.

My only fear is that the limitations of the Xbox hardware will eventually cause the developers to abandon it all together. I hope they leave us with something fully functional before they do! Don't forget what the "XB" stands for in "XBMC!" Smile

Sorry, I was rambling!! Wink

Thanks to everyone who reads this and is involved in making XBMC and its scripts/plugins into a cool system!
nicoli_k Wrote:Is Solocky's videofriender not working anymore? it was working beautifully this past week, but as of yesterday I cannot get it to work. rather than pointing to the .avi files, it points to .html files. i'm using the xbox with the babylon t3ch build from 5-9-2009 and haven't changed anything from when it was working until now.
I'm thinking that the site may have changed or the scraper may need to be tweaked.
Thanks for this great script though. After getting my favorites in order, it has become a powerhouse.

I've been getting this problem now and again too - not just with solocky vision but with a few of the other lists too. If you want to play the file there seems to be no problem but if you want to download it that's a different matter altogether. I tried just renaming the file from html to .avi but that didn't work, however I did find that if you play a few seconds of the video first and then try to download it will work - strange I knowHuh Only problem with this temporary fix is that you can only download one file at a time, as soon as you try and add another file to the queue it will have the html extension and unfortunately the xbox doesn't seem to be able to handle downloading a file AND streaming so just locks the xbox up if you try. Sometimes the files download fine without having to stream a bit first but I'm finding it about 50/50 success rate with them pointing to html or avi. I'll have a look at the latest nightly build I'm trying out on one of my xboxes to see if it's a problem with xbmc that has been fixed.
The problem whufclee and nicoli_k are referring at .Has to do that those streams has to works with an processor.You first need to play the stream a little bit ,(you don't have to wait till video comes on your screen).Than you get a notice that the processor will find the url of stream and are you able to download correctly.

You see wich streams are working with a processor.
Either when you download and see the html
Or when you play a stream and you see processor : processing.

Also i requested that these common problems should be on help and support playlist.So in the future this kind of problems will be mentioned there.

Edit:

whufclee and nicoli_k probably this will be solved in 2.9 or another release ,but for now you use the method i said above to solve the download problem with streams that use a processor.

Edit 2
This won't always work on video items with processors. Many of them use the RTMP protocol which is not downloadable. For now, you just kind of have to know which ones work and which ones don't.
Wow, just opened the Navi-X script and it automatically updated itself to 2.8.1. Haven't seen it do that before -- very cool!!!
thanks for the heads up tikkiew! I look forward to 2.9 and beyond.
Yeah thanks for clearing up the problem on that downloading issue tikkiew, in theory that should mean that I can add items in a queue with no problems. Cheers, Navi-X is excellent for downloading content onto my old xbox - plugins are great for streaming and I'd be lost without them now but there are no options for a download queue so you can only do one at a time. Well done to all the Navi-X guys, all the hard work is much appreciated.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navi-X Media Browser Script for XBMC (The Navi-X Official Support Thread)1