DVD Playback Issue
WiSo Wrote:It's regression from one of the commit and we're working on it.

Glad to hear, thank you!
WiSo Wrote:Not needed. It's a regression and we're working on it.

Wiso, thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that it's a known issue and is being investigated!

Do you happen to have a TRAC number (if one exists) so that I might monitor this?

Thanks alot,
M
manxam Wrote:Wiso, thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that it's a known issue and is being investigated!

Do you happen to have a TRAC number (if one exists) so that I might monitor this?

Thanks alot,
M

there is one for a issue like it on linux, however you will see when it gets fixed when they checkin a new SVN update (or do a search on libdvdnav or dvdnav)
Jester Wrote:there is one for a issue like it on linux, however you will see when it gets fixed when they checkin a new SVN update (or do a search on libdvdnav or dvdnav)

i'll keep my eye out on this one too, don't worry Wink
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5721
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5721

danke
Jester, I know you hate building extra SVNs for specific people, but would it be possible to generate a pre-17043 build w/o intel updates and with external player? That would tie me and several other users over for a while.

M
manxam Wrote:Jester, I know you hate building extra SVNs for specific people, but would it be possible to generate a pre-17043 build w/o intel updates and with external player? That would tie me and several other users over for a while.

M

i'd rather focus of moving the intel patch out of the SVN and making it an option for advancedsettings.xml

but in the mean time i'll see what i can do Wink
ps
why pre 17043?
Jester, according to the TRAC, 17043 is when the DVD playback issue was introduced. Nothing really ground breaking has occurred since and if we(I) can get XBMC working and playing DVDs and with the OPTION of using externalplayer for difficult files, then that would be just about perfect.

Thanks!
manxam Wrote:Jester, according to the TRAC, 17043 is when the DVD playback issue was introduced. Nothing really ground breaking has occurred since and if we(I) can get XBMC working and playing DVDs and with the OPTION of using externalplayer for difficult files, then that would be just about perfect.

Thanks!

it's fixed (well reverted...) in the latest build (starting from 17261) which you can download from my site.
extra build with patched external player is coming in a few
Thanks for the help Jester!
Hello,

I am using The latest Jester Build 17272 and have problems playing SOME DVD's. (since build 261 the DVD Playback should be working again, due to the revertion of Changesrt 17043)

All DVD's i tested are official ones, no selfmade ones.
The DVD's that making problems (i tested 8 of them) Starts normal, play's the Intro, but when the DVD Menue should appear, I have just a blank screen.
I see the Memory usage in the debug status line at the top of the screen changing, till i press stop or AltF4, or ESC to get out.
After that XBMC Freezes, the Debug status line freezes also and I can only exit XBMC by killing the Process.

here the link to the Debug Log :
http://www.grsnet.net/xbmc/DVDPlayback_R..._Debug.log

Cheers,
Konstantin
XBMC, Intel P4 3.0GHz with HT, 2GB RAM, ATI 3450 HDMI GPU
I can confirm zyxel13's problem with the 17272 Jester build. It occurs with most DVDs I've tried (encrypted and non), but I've found at least one disc which doesn't seem to have a problem. The problem seems to always occur with the menus, especially animated menus.

I'll post more information and logs as I narrow down the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Playback Issue0