Static noise with some video playback
Hi,

I have had problems watching some videos on XBMC (on my ATV) where I get static / white noise. I presumed that this was related to a codec problem, and did find an older post about any codec issues being mplayer related.

I wasnt going to post but all of these videos play absolutely fine through Boxee so wondered if anyone could help here. I had though Boxee was based on XBMC which is why I thought I'd ask.

Checking the video codecs using MediaInfo for Mac, one shows audio codec of AC3 / MPEG-1 Audio layer 3. Another shows audio codec of AC3.

If any other info is needed to resolve this, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Gavin
Fixed by setting audio output to analog instead of digital.
i have this issue as well..I was wondering why it needed to be set to analog if I am using a dolby digital receiver ?
If the digital audio ONLY goes to the receiver then you should have no problem. However, if you specify the digital output option, the digital data that makes up a Dolby Surround or DTS signal also gets fed to the analog output (thus making noise on those outputs) and it also gets fed to the TV via HDMI. So even if your receiver gets the digital signal, it is possible that your TV is also getting the digits as noise, either via an analog connection or via HDMI. In my case I simply need to turn down the volume on the TV to zero. The data is sent via HDMI since many newer receivers have HDMI inputs and get the surround data from there.

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Static noise with some video playback0