XCode changes for svn-17279
Ok fixed the Mediastream issue.
I svned the Mediastream directory into my working directory so that it gets automatically copied into the application package when building. This somehow doesnt work.

Now I placed the Mediastream dir into

$home/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin

and everything is back to normal. Smile

[Edit]Just saw you fixed Util.cpp. Now everything is working as it should. Great! Big Grin I'll report when I find anything else [/Edit]
The problem will be because you aren't building the textures in mediastream, and so it won't be copying them.

You'll want to edit the skin building step and ideally add a step that builds all skins available, rather than just PM3 and PM3.HD. To be honest, though, it should be looking outside of the XBMC SVN directory for this.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I keep running into problems building librsxs that appear to be related to where png.h is installed. It looks like "configure" is looking for it in -I/usr/X11/include/libpng12, and it's installed in some similar-looking places:

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/X11/include/png.h
/usr/X11/include/png.h
/opt/local/include/libpng12/png.h

When "configure" doesn't find it, it leaves "HAVE_PNG_H" undefined, which causes pngimage.cc to not include png.h, which causes the compilation to fail with the following:

../pngimage.cc: In member function ‘void PNG::load(FILE*, bool)’:
../pngimage.cc:39: error: ‘png_byte’ was not declared in this scope
../pngimage.cc:39: error: expected `;' before ‘sig’
../pngimage.cc:40: error: ‘sig’ was not declared in this scope
../pngimage.cc:42: error: ‘png_sig_cmp’ was not declared in this scope
../pngimage.cc:45: error: ‘png_structp’ was not declared in this scope
../pngimage.cc:45: error: expected `;' before ‘png’
../pngimage.cc:47: error: ‘png’ was not declared in this scope
../pngimage.cc:49: error: ‘png_infop’ was not declared in this scope

...etc...

If I define "HAVE_PNG_H" in config.h, it builds fine and XBMC works fine.

Is my machine not configured properly, or is there something strange going on in SVN?

Thanks,
Rob
@ mmmfishies ->

The Makefile for librsxs has

Quote:INCLUDES+= -I/opt/local/include

which is where png.h should be, on my system, this is a symlink to the specific version of png.

Skunkworks:xbmc_svn davilla$ ls -l /opt/local/include/png.h
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 14 Dec 20 11:50 /opt/local/include/png.h -> libpng12/png.h

why configure can't find it is strange. Mine shows:

Quote:checking for libpng-config... libpng-config
checking for libpng preprocessor flags... -I/opt/local/include/libpng12
checking for libpng compiler flags...
checking for libpng linker flags... -L/opt/local/lib
checking for libpng libraries... -lpng12
checking for png.h... yes
checking whether libpng supports setjmp... yes

Also noticed you have MacOSX10.5.sdk but not MacOSX10.4u.sdk, until the builds are fixed for sdk targeting, you will need MacOSX10.4u.sdk installed.
if you cd into xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9 and do the configure directly:

Code:
./configure \
      CFLAGS="-fPIC -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.4" \
      CXXFLAGS="-fPIC -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.4" \
      --without-xscreensaver \
      --disable-sound \
      --disable-cyclone \
      --disable-fieldlines \
      --disable-flocks \
      --disable-flux \
      --disable-helios \
      --disable-hyperspace \
      --disable-lattice \
       --disable-skyrocket

what does it show for the "checking for libpng..." items.
davilla Wrote:if you cd into xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9 and do the configure directly:

Code:
./configure \
      CFLAGS="-fPIC -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.4" \
      CXXFLAGS="-fPIC -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.4" \
      --without-xscreensaver \
      --disable-sound \
      --disable-cyclone \
      --disable-fieldlines \
      --disable-flocks \
      --disable-flux \
      --disable-helios \
      --disable-hyperspace \
      --disable-lattice \
       --disable-skyrocket

what does it show for the "checking for libpng..." items.

Here's what I get:

Code:
checking for libpng-config... libpng-config
checking for libpng preprocessor flags... -I/usr/X11/include/libpng12
checking for libpng compiler flags...
checking for libpng linker flags... -L/usr/X11/lib
checking for libpng libraries... -lpng12
checking for png.h... no
configure: WARNING: assuming libpng has setjmp support

In "config.log" for the "png.h" line, I see:

Code:
configure:19452: checking for png.h
configure:19473: g++ -c -fPIC -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -Wall   -I/usr/X11/include/libpng12 conftest.cpp >&5
conftest.cpp:139:17: error: png.h: No such file or directory
configure:19479: $? = 1

It looks like "-I/usr/X11/include/libpng12" is coming from:

Code:
$ libpng-config --I_opts
-I/usr/X11/include/libpng12

It turns out that I have a libpng-config in /usr/X11R6/bin that occurred earlier in my path, and it was causing the problem. It's probably been there since I migrated from my old Powerbook. Everything works fine now that I've removed it.

Oh, and I do have MacOSX10.4u.sdk installed - it just doesn't have the same directories or files. It doesn't have an X11 directory (X11R6, instead), and doesn't contain png.h.

Thanks for your quick response,
Rob
Quote:It turns out that I have a libpng-config in /usr/X11R6/bin that occurred earlier in my path, and it was causing the problem. It's probably been there since I migrated from my old Powerbook. Everything works fine now that I've removed it.

Good catch.
Hi,

I know that my programing skills are rusty at best, but I had no problems building this before (back in early Jan).

I finally got it build but now, when I start it up, it just ends. From XCode it just says "XBMC ended normally..". What gives?
alxgarder Wrote:Hi,

I know that my programing skills are rusty at best, but I had no problems building this before (back in early Jan).

I finally got it build but now, but when I start it up, it just ends. From XCode it just says "XBMC ended normally..". What gives?

Back then, you were only building the main app and not all the codecs and libs. Now you are building everything.

check the console.log in Xcode and pastebin it. I assume this is an Xcode build. A few checks;

XBMC_HOME is set?
you did a make clean?
(EDIT: Never mind - Got up and running.. I was missing 10.4sdk and and make clean)

Hi again,

I decided to start over so I deleted all the downloaded MacPorts, reinstalled MacPort and followed the readme.osx on how to install using macports.

First up. The macports installation doesnt mention libsdl, libsdl_image and libsdl_mixer so first compile gave me about 10000 errors! After installing these I was able to compile again, only to find the exact error as before. The program starts and exists. I have, as you requested done a make clean and recompiled. Still the same. Below is the console.log:

Code:
The Debugger has exited with status 0.
[Session started at 2009-01-26 16:18:17 +0800.]
4 wide chars in arg
4 wide chars in buf

This is the warning Im getting when building it:

Code:
Line Location cmyth.h:349: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
Line Location cmyth.h:349: warning: 'struct timeval' declared inside parameter list
Line Location cmyth.h:529: warning: 'struct timeval' declared inside parameter list
Line Location cmyth.h:572: warning: 'struct timeval' declared inside parameter list
Line Location cmyth.h:947: warning: 'struct timeval' declared inside parameter list
Line Location CPUInfo.cpp:293: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
Line Location DirectoryCache.cpp:66: warning: comparison between 'const enum DIRECTORY::DIR_CACHE_TYPE' and 'enum CFileItemList::CACHE_TYPE'
Line Location GUIInfoManager.cpp:3200: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
Line Location Surface.cpp:927: warning: non-local variable 'Surface::CSurface::ResizeSurface(int, int, bool)::SDL_VideoDevice* current_video' uses local type 'Surface::CSurface::ResizeSurface(int, int, bool)::SDL_VideoDevice'
Line Location UPnP.cpp:1568: warning: passing negative value '-0x00000000000000001' for argument 2 to 'CStdString CGUIInfoManager::GetImage(int, DWORD)'
Line Location Util.cpp:3335: warning: passing negative value '-0x00000000000000001' for argument 5 to 'CGUIMessage::CGUIMessage(DWORD, DWORD, DWORD, DWORD, DWORD)'
Line Location Util.cpp:3350: warning: passing negative value '-0x00000000000000001' for argument 5 to 'CGUIMessage::CGUIMessage(DWORD, DWORD, DWORD, DWORD, DWORD)'
Line Location wrapper.c:91: warning: 'struct stat64' declared inside parameter list
Line Location wrapper.c:91: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
Line Location wrapper.c:95: warning: 'struct stat64' declared inside parameter list
Line Location wrapper.c:97: warning: 'struct statvfs64' declared inside parameter list
Line Location wrapper.c:348: warning: 'struct stat64' declared inside parameter list
Line Location wrapper.c:350: warning: passing argument 2 of 'dll_stat64' from incompatible pointer type
Line Location wrapper.c:353: warning: 'struct stat64' declared inside parameter list
Line Location wrapper.c:355: warning: passing argument 2 of 'dll_stat64' from incompatible pointer type
Line Location wrapper.c:373: warning: 'struct stat64' declared inside parameter list
Line Location wrapper.c:375: warning: passing argument 2 of 'dll_fstat64' from incompatible pointer type
Line Location wrapper.c:378: warning: 'struct statvfs64' declared inside parameter list
Line Location wrapper.c:380: warning: passing argument 2 of 'dll_fstatvfs64' from incompatible pointer type
Line Location XBMChttp.cpp:1383: warning: passing negative value '-0x00000000000000001' for argument 2 to 'CStdString CGUIInfoManager::GetImage(int, DWORD)'
Line Location XBMChttp.cpp:1435: warning: passing negative value '-0x00000000000000001' for argument 2 to 'CStdString CGUIInfoManager::GetImage(int, DWORD)'
1) Should not need libsdl, libsdl_image and libsdl_mixer as these are static libs but I bet we are missing the includes. I'll check on this.

2) You will get about 1200+ warnings building the codecs/libs. Ignore them this is normal but something I'm not happy about. I don't like to see warnings when I build. I'll be working on cutting this warning barf down.

3) I've seen this before;
Quote:The Debugger has exited with status 0.
[Session started at 2009-01-26 16:18:17 +0800.]
4 wide chars in arg
4 wide chars in buf

It comes from "xbmc/lib/libshout/ictest.c" which is a little test app for libshout. Check to make sure that you do NOT have "xbmc/lib/libshout/ictest.o" and check that ictest.c is NOT in OBJS list in "xbmc/lib/libshout/Makefile"

if "nm xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-osx.a" has a "main" symbol, that where it's coming from.
Thanks again guys for getting this up and running. Smile

Regarding the libsdl. There is a a lot of includes for SDL\SDL.h. These are the ones that gave all the errors when compiling. Youre right that they might not be used anymore though.
alxgarder Wrote:Hi again..

Installed gawk and cmake and got a little further. Now the configure exists at:

-------
checking for ogg >= 1.0... checking for Ogg... no
*** Could not run Ogg test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means Ogg was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved Ogg since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the ogg-config script:
configure: error: must have Ogg installed!
~/XBMC
configure: error: Submodule xbmc/cores/paplayer/vorbisfile/libvorbis failed to configure
Macintosh:XBMC cfa$
-------

I have tried/guess at reinstalled the macports for libogg (sudo port install libogg) but it had no effect. Also checked out lastest revision (17341) but its still the same??

Any ideas?

I'm stuck here -- can you give details as to what you did to get past it?
mr.b Wrote:I'm stuck here -- can you give details as to what you did to get past it?

need to follow the readme.osx in svn;

http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/li...README.osx

section 3.1 Install MacPorts

specifically sudo port install libvorbis

you must have all the MacPorts items installed.
I've followed the instructions to the letter (even cleaned out my macports install and started over).. libvorbis and libogg are installed.

"ports installed"
http://pastebin.com/m72a539bd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XCode changes for svn-172790