Accessing External USB Drive connected to Wireless Router
I'm planning on purchasing my first external storage drive, which I plan to connect to my Belkin Wireless N (through a USB connection on the back of the router) and have a psuedo NAS that I can access via multiple PC's. I successfully accessed the USB (from my both my desktop and laptop) after installing storage management software of the router. The thumbstick is formatted as NTFS.

XBMC detects the thumbstick (if I manually enter the IP address of the router). However, it asks me for a user name and password to access the contents. This is odd, considering that there are no sharing restrictions on the thumbstick. Its directly connected to the router-the whole point being able to connect to it as a networked shared drive. I've tried various combos of usernames and passwords but nothing has worked so far.

I can get Boxee to also see the USB stick by manually adding the routers IP address. However, when I try to access the thumbstick contents I get an error msg saying "Failed to retrieve data".

Any ideas would be welcome...
I'v been having the very same issues,
- I'v tried all differnt uesername / Passwords i can think of.
- Both XBMC and Boxee.
- can get Boxee to see the drive on teh IP but requires a Un / Pw.
- have been unable to find or set up any Un / Pw setting on the drive or router.

I can understand this being a more a Belkin N+ issue but would be interesting to know if any ones had any luck with this setup.

ATV 2.3
Belkin N+
WD My Book 1T
I also have problems accessing a WD 1TB My Book (connected to my PC) via the xbox. From the xbox console I can see the drive and the share folder I set up, but cannot access any of the files. I am using a Linksys WRT300N router.
For what its worth...

I have a WD 1TB My Book (NTFS) connected to a desktop (WinXP) via eSATA. I was able to add it to XBMC & Boxee using SMB with no issue.

Yesterday, I added another WD 1TB My Book (HFS+) directly to my AEB(n) router via USB. I was also able to add it without issue to XBMC & Boxee using SMB with no issue.

Soon I am going to migrate both HDs directly to the aTv!

Good luck!
Anyone ever get the Belkin N+ to work with XBMC? I have this setup and it is not working.
A bit off topic here guys but what settings do you guys have with this router to set it up to the xbox? i've tried multiple times and i cant get it to work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing External USB Drive connected to Wireless Router0