can't get past splash screen on XBMC on ATV
when I installed this the first time on my AppleTV, worked fine... except I couldn't get the networking to work correctly.

finally I got samba set up correctly (on my mac) but for some reason I can't get into the XBMC application any more. I just see the XBMC screen, then is goes back to the launch page...

I had the same problem with Boxee but I deleted the config file thru the terminal app on the mac with this by SSH:

rm /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/BOXEE/UserData/guisettings.xml

Is there something like that for XBMCHuh
lbotez Wrote:when I installed this the first time on my AppleTV, worked fine... except I couldn't get the networking to work correctly.

finally I got samba set up correctly (on my mac) but for some reason I can't get into the XBMC application any more. I just see the XBMC screen, then is goes back to the launch page...

I had the same problem with Boxee but I deleted the config file thru the terminal app on the mac with this by SSH:

rm /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/BOXEE/UserData/guisettings.xml

Is there something like that for XBMCHuh

Hi, welcome to the XBMC for Mac forums. I'm sure that several people would be happy to help provided you give some important info that being versions of the AppleTV OS, version of Launcher and the version of XBMC that you are using. Without this info, the only thing we can do is make wild guesses.
davilla Wrote:Hi, welcome to the XBMC for Mac forums. I'm sure that several people would be happy to help provided you give some important info that being versions of the AppleTV OS, version of Launcher and the version of XBMC that you are using. Without this info, the only thing we can do is make wild guesses.

AppleTV OS: 2.3
XBMC Atlantis (bf1)
Launcher 2.3

FYI, latest version of Boxee works just fine.

thanks
lbotez Wrote:AppleTV OS: 2.3
XBMC Atlantis (bf1)
Launcher 2.3

FYI, latest version of Boxee works just fine.

thanks

Thanks for the info. Now the next step is to see if XBMC is crashing or not.

~/Library/Logs will show crash reporter logs if XBMC is crashing. Find the latest and pastebin it.

rm /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC

will nuke the entire XBMC settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't get past splash screen on XBMC on ATV0