XBMC Stuck
I just updated my appleTV to atvFlash version 3.5 and then had to re-download the XBMC launcher and app. After I installed these all was working fine.

I changed the option of webserver to be on (I use Iphone as remote) and now xbmc is stuck at the start up screen.

I use mulifinder so that means my appleTV is basically a brick I have tried to unplug and replug but that has not worked I have left it for 5 hours that has not worked.

So a few questions
how do I stop xbmc via ssh?
so I can use my appleTV by switching off multifinder
how do I fix the problem? perhaps to start with un enableing the web server.

AppleTV 2.3
Launcher 2.3
XBMC BF1
olrac Wrote:I just updated my appleTV to atvFlash version 3.5 and then had to re-download the XBMC launcher and app. After I installed these all was working fine.

I changed the option of webserver to be on (I use Iphone as remote) and now xbmc is stuck at the start up screen.

I use mulifinder so that means my appleTV is basically a brick I have tried to unplug and replug but that has not worked I have left it for 5 hours that has not worked.

So a few questions
how do I stop xbmc via ssh?
so I can use my appleTV by switching off multifinder
how do I fix the problem? perhaps to start with un enableing the web server.

AppleTV 2.3
Launcher 2.3
XBMC BF1

ssh in and edit guisettings.xml to turn off the web server.

ps -axww to find xbmc process id then "sudo kill <id>" will kill it
olrac, are you using HDMI out to your TV? I have had a few issues with this in the past and its dependent on the order of AppleTV power on and TV power on. While the screen is blank, have you tried turning off and on your TV?

I can't remember exactly when I experienced this problem, but I think it was when I was messing around with the launcher and getting XBMC to boot directly.

Cheers,
Spanner
OK so I have disabled the web server and I have killed the process still no joy.

how can I change the options so when apple tv starts it is not using multifinder? at least then my apple tv is not a brick.
olrac Wrote:OK so I have disabled the web server and I have killed the process still no joy.

how can I change the options so when apple tv starts it is not using multifinder? at least then my apple tv is not a brick.

The easiest way is to re-patch. This will not touch your userdata. Then update to Launcher 2.3 and down to Launcher 0.9. Launcher 0.9 does not use multifinder but is compatible with AppleTV OS 2.3
davilla Wrote:The easiest way is to re-patch. This will not touch your userdata. Then update to Launcher 2.3 and down to Launcher 0.9. Launcher 0.9 does not use multifinder but is compatible with AppleTV OS 2.3

so I re patched but that didnt work.

So I deleted xbmc with the commands stated on this page http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/
Then did a factory restore and now I am about to update to xbmc and see what happens.

Thanks for your help anyways.
I'm in the same boat...My AppleTV gets stuck on the XBMC Splash screen after it's launched. Worked fine for about 6 hours. Connected via HDMI. Tried re-running the updates/etc.

I'm very new to this, so if you had any luck...please share.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Stuck0