• 14(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon
Anyone ? I'm using Kodi 18.1 RC1 by the way
Hi @mint or anybody.
Today I keep getting a message when using this app: 'The following content is not available on this app. Watch this content on the latest version of YouTube'. The message is coming from YouTube not this app. It isn't a message being generated within Kodi, it is actually from YouTube.
The video plays fine if I use the YouTube app.
It's not happening on all videos, it seems to be random.

I have version 0.5.4+matrix.1 of this app installed and version 7.0.4+nexus.1 of the YouTube app installed. Running on Matrix 20.5.

Any ideas?

EDIT : If anybody else has this problem. I downloaded version v7.0.5+beta.1 zip for the YouTube addon from github and everything seems to be working again.

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases
(2024-03-28, 23:46)Chalklands Wrote: Hi @mint or anybody.
Today I keep getting a message when using this app: 'The following content is not available on this app. Watch this content on the latest version of YouTube'. The message is coming from YouTube not this app. It isn't a message being generated within Kodi, it is actually from YouTube.

I have version 0.5.4+matrix.1 of this app installed and version 7.0.4+nexus.1 of the YouTube app installed. Running on Matrix 20.5.

Any ideas?

EDIT : If anybody else has this problem. I downloaded version v7.0.5+beta.1 zip for the YouTube addon from github and everything seems to be working again.

from the github, did you install the v7.0.5+beta official or unofficial zip?
(2024-03-30, 15:15)madmax2 Wrote:
(2024-03-28, 23:46)Chalklands Wrote: Hi @mint or anybody.

Any ideas?

from the github, did you install the v7.0.5+beta official or unofficial zip?
Beta official
Does anyone know what is the point of this Youtube Channel addon that is different from the youtube addon?

I tried this Youtube Channel addons and added my API key, but essentially it does nothing...
there's no channels showing or anything
(2024-03-30, 23:45)madmax2 Wrote: Does anyone know what is the point of this Youtube Channel addon that is different from the youtube addon?

I tried this Youtube Channel addons and added my API key, but essentially it does nothing...

I personally use both (this addon and the official one)
In this addon, I have added my favourite channels (you need to add channels first and you can put them in different folder/categories...), so it gives me a bit more structure
While i use the official one is when i am "simply" searching

hope this helps

btw. i can confirm that updating the official addon to 7.0.5 beta2 "fixed" also this addon

M
(2024-03-31, 20:20)mcarni Wrote:
(2024-03-30, 23:45)madmax2 Wrote: Does anyone know what is the point of this Youtube Channel addon that is different from the youtube addon?

I personally use both (this addon and the official one)
In this addon, I have added my favourite channels (you need to add channels first and you can put them in different folder/categories...), so it gives me a bit more structure
While i use the official one is when i am "simply" searching

hope this helps

btw. i can confirm that updating the official addon to 7.0.5 beta2 "fixed" also this addon

M
@madmax2. To add to @mcarni's comments. I also use both. However with the channels addon you can incorporate any channels into widgets. I use Autowidget with the Arctic Fuse skin to do this (there are probably different methods of doing this, but this works for me). So, for example, I have a widget for specific music artist YouTube Channels I listen to/watch combined in a widget and 'History Podcasts' in another widget. To navigate the channels in the widgets all you have to do is select the widget. It saves having to open the YouTube addon when you know exactly which channel you want to watch/listen to.
Edit: issue was related to Youtube API, not to the addon
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon1