[WINDOWS] Control Windows volume instead of XBMC own volume
Did you try using WASAPI ? It should probably do it.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Maxoo Wrote:Did you try using WASAPI ? It should probably do it.

Hi,

No I don't think WASAPI has anything to do with this, it will allow Xbmc to directly pass through all audio, so that windows is not running in shared mode etc but it doesn't affect the controlling of the main windows volume...
yes. at least XBMC can provide an option to control windows main volume.
Hi,
Did you found a solution to link xbmc volume osd with windows volume ?
I'm using "volume2" software which display a nice osd foreground to xbmc, but i can't use xbmc real full screen because when i use it, osd volume2 is flickering.

Thanks
up
Any solution to all this thread?

Damn, since 2009 no dev has inserted 3 lines of code in XBMC for doing that?
Since you know that 3 lines will do it, I assume you have implemented it. So please submit a patch.
I normally wouldn't respond to such a stupid question but before double work is done:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2237

It wasn't done because nobody of us was interested in it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This must be wrong since there are 61 new lines and not 3. That being said, read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Forum_rules , especially 1.1.3
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a case of Windows master volume control = analogue (bad) vs. internal digital volume control (good)?
heh, funny that I want the volume buttons on my Nyxboard to do the opposite. They currently control the OS volume. And when I enable the advanced setting to react on media keys then "pause" doesn't work anymore (command is processed twice). But that's a different story/issue.
da-anda ... haha i have the same problem on osx ... i changed nyxboard to alllow xbmc volume change - users started complaining that they can't control os volume anymore. Which advancedsettings are you refering too?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz - it's windows only -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...diakeys.3E
i thought of using that setting for making the decision on osx if multimedia keys (volume + power on osx) are handled by xbmc or by th e os. But it doesn't fit that good i guess.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Windows vista and later uses a per app audio stream which we control with the code in my repo.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Control Windows volume instead of XBMC own volume0